• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tailors in Houston

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get nervous when i go outside the loop, but depends which direction I go. If I head to one of the local universities (the big public one) outside the loop, where I go quite frequently to study, I get nervous. Last time I was filling up gas and I was wearing shorts, loafers and a polo and I got these really bad look for the "homies". I was thinking to myself "**** I am not wanted here."

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CalTex
I get nervous when i go outside the loop, but depends which direction I go. If I head to one of the local universities (the big public one) outside the loop, where I go quite frequently to study, I get nervous. Last time I was filling up gas and I was wearing shorts, loafers and a polo and I got these really bad look for the "homies". I was thinking to myself "**** I am not wanted here."

Which big public university is outside the loop?

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I consider UH to be outside the look, it may not been on the map but in my world it is. lol

Okay so I have these polo oxfords (8 of them) and they need alterations to the waist, length and maybe sleeves (mostl likely just waist (body of the shirt) and length. Obviously I want to get them altered because they are too baggy, I bought them when I was still into the baggy look, they are a size large, and I want them altered to fit a bit narrower than their, RL, medium custom fitted shirts.

Questions:

Have any of you had this done and by who?
How much would you say would be a reasonable price for one shirt?
Reasonable price for 8 shirts, I am hoping to get a discount for 8 of them.
Should I worry about them messing up my shirts, I dont want them to fit the same way.

I want to get this done this week, I am getting tired of the current shirts I am wearing.

Thanks in advance guys.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any possibility of the mods combining this thread with the other Houston tailors?

Somehow

Reaction score
I am skeptical to recommend him because I would hate for him to get too busy, but Nick at Executive Tailor on Richmond (near intersection at Weslyan, across from new Costco) is incredible.

I've had him do everything from shirts to suits, and anything in between. The man is an artist.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had not realized that I had asked the question earlier in the post and that it had been answered, sorry about that. So my point by posting again is that I would like to know of any other tailors, preferrably inside the loop.

If someone could answer my questions in my last post that would be great, thanks.

mothon

Reaction score
Can anybody recommend a good tailor in North Houston? I am working in greenspoint for the next month and I have some pants that need to be hemmed and cuffed. I get an hour for lunch and I would like to be able to go on my lunch break.

MarkZR

Reaction score
I believe that Tailor selection is not just a personal desire. It is a psychological selection too. I have seen many people who use to say that a tailor do not work properly but that tailor works with quality indeed. So it depends on a person's own satisfaction and belief too :) Some times it sounds really funny when people share a bad experience of a well known tailor who has a good reputation in tailoring.

Have you heard such a comments ever :) ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads