1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Tailor in Mumbai

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Marcus Brody, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Marcus Brody

Marcus Brody Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a tailor in Mumbai. I married a woman whose parents live there, so I'll be making regular visits for the foreseeable future and would like to find someone to make me some suits/shirts/pants. My in laws live on the IIT campus, so they're toward the north of the city. If I could find good near there it would be ideal, but it is not an absolute requirement.

I read this thread. It mainly discusses Kachin's, which seems to be a reasonable option. The thread is nearly 5 years old now, though, so I was hoping we'd attracted some more Indians/folks with Mumbai experience since then.

Ideally I'd like a place that uses 2 to 3 fittings for a suit. I likely won't be around long enough to have more. Two would be ideal, but I recognize the challenges of that for a first suit with a tailor.

Any suggestions/experience?

2. Marcus Brody

Marcus Brody Well-Known Member

I should probably have posted this when India is awake.

3. Prof. B. Bear

Prof. B. Bear Well-Known Member

How's Indiana these days?