1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Tailor in Central NJ?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by yeayea, Jul 5, 2007.

1. yeayea

yeayea Well-Known Member

Can someone recommend someone?

I have a local tailor, but I dont know if she is good. Other than trial and error, can you suggest a way to determine if she is quality? Im still new to this and my clothes are relatively inexpensive and my look is not highly refined, so Im not in need of a high end tailor, just someone who is competent. Any guidance on this one?

2. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

For alterations?

3. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

If alterations, D'Apolito & Son (in Far Hills) is better than a dry cleaner tailor. I still use them from time to time if NYC doesn't make sense for whatever reason.

4. millionaire75

millionaire75 Well-Known Member

where in Central Jersey? Pino's Tailors on Rt 33 in Mercerville does a good job, but I hear he is retiring very soon and moving to florida.

5. yeayea

yeayea Well-Known Member

Thanks guys.

Im near New Brunswick.

Yes, for alterations.

6. AvariceBespoke

AvariceBespoke Well-Known Member

bump.

any good shops in central NJ that do hand-sewn button holes/working buttons for sleeve?
    Also other trouser/coat alterations?