1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***SW&D Photography Thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by g transistor, Mar 31, 2013.

1. the shah

the shah Well-Known Member

impromptu desert photo shoot was quite fun , overcast skies so lighting sucked in the beginning but then the brilliant rays came out toward the end :eek:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(couple more shots in the album)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  2. leeba

leeba Well-Known Member

feel like i may as well use my fashion experience/knowledge/things i've learned about myself via that medium to inform the direction i take my photography, since i'm a pretty blank slate in terms of influences. taken a couple classes, but have never really done a deep dive.

i think most of you are a lot farther along than i am, so would love some recs

re: clothes + themes they remind me of. i like/wear:

yohji - classic, movement
    abasi - future, elegance
    acronym - pragmatism, utility
    lemaire - new classics, restrained
    jjve - freedom
    sftm - romance. women's is usually better, also random but uma wang's womens is ridiculously romantic in a good way. harnden goes here too, i guess.
    m001 soon - a bit of subversion, weird

who/what should i be looking into that fits these themes/aesthetics in the world of photography? i feel like finding interesting, high-quality source material to learn from is half the battle for me

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  3. g transistor

g transistor Well-Known Member

2 people like this.
  4. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Well-Known Member