1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

SW&D does Men's Clothing Fit Contest - VOTING NOW OPEN!

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AR_Six, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Brothersport

Brothersport Well-Known Member

Score 1 more for Aeglus. I didn't even realize he'd been added to the poll; you shoud really put his pic in the OP.

Most submissions don't look very good, but what's really hurting is the lack of alt pics/pic quality. Those make looking at MC-type fit much easier.

2. nicelynice

nicelynice Well-Known Member

3. pdsf

pdsf Well-Known Member

I think it's interesting how so many people have completely different opinions on this one, where as the MC does SW&D was a lot more cut and dry.

Yeah, I think so, too. All good though.

[​IMG]

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

I don't know if MC is full of those types of dudes who would smoke your weed, not inhale, and then criticize you for being 'a drug addict' or launch tirades against abortion at the tender age of 19 while wearing a fedora and a tie clip, but the SW+D version of MC is so much better looking than MC does MC.

5. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

You should have edited Aeglus into the OP; I voted before realizing he'd even entered. I would have voted for him easily. [​IMG]
    +1

In retrospect, I would def add a vote for aeglus

On a separate note, I'm a bit annoyed by the worst MC dressers acting as ambassadors for MC and giving lessons. If you dress like a thrift store mining dork, please have the decency to keep your thoughts to yourself - cause no one really wants to hear them.

6. holymadness

holymadness Well-Known Member

In other words, luftvier shut up.

7. luftvier

luftvier Well-Known Member

On a separate note, I'm a bit annoyed by the worst MC dressers acting as ambassadors for MC and giving lessons. If you dress like a thrift store mining dork, please have the decency to keep your thoughts to yourself - cause no one really wants to hear them.

Point taken. Please understand that I intend to speak only for myself, and none of my particular views should be imputed to anyone else.

In other words, luftvier shut up.

8. slack tide

slack tide Well-Known Member

aeglus gets my vote. I like this more than his normal leather jacket fits (no offense, the tojs are sick too). Seems to be the consensus after looking at the results..

Adam24 close runner up..

I liked Mellow Fellow, also, but just fell too much on the SW&D side.

I did automatically rule out any pics with dirty mirrors, off kilter/crooked ties/bad knots, and poor quality cell phone pics.

9. MBreinin

MBreinin Well-Known Member

Aeglus is really the only real choice here, from a pure MC perspective. I see some big votes for the dude at the wedding, but I can't tell his fit details enough to vote for him. Also, you'all seem to be voting heavily for Mellowfellow. He looks great, but that is not an MC fit. I say that is more SW&D...with an MC twist.

AR_Six, I would have liked to give you my vote, as I have worn a very similar fit before...but the pics were kinda dark and I could not tell what was going on very well.

I gave a vote to Desi as well...aside from those redonkulous boots, his fit was very nice. I like the suit very much. That fit could easily be fixed.

10. BillyMaysHere!

BillyMaysHere! Well-Known Member

Damnit, I voted for Nil before Aeglus was a visible choice and now I regret it. I mean, just look at that fit

and that minimalism - wonderful minimalism. I'm more a Tom Ford, big lapels, good drop, patterns kind o guy, but that outfit is so easy to appreciate.

11. Listi

Listi Well-Known Member

http://i52.tinypic.com/29aw35z.jpg[IMG][/I]

I would love a suit that fit exactly like this. I need to get a job, so I can get money, and so I can convert that money into suits that fit.

12. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

I'm just going to add the "write in ballots" to the ones actually cast. Aeglus is actually in the lead.

13. Cotillion

Cotillion Well-Known Member

I don't know if MC is full of those types of dudes who would smoke your weed, not inhale, and then criticize you for being 'a drug addict' or launch tirades against abortion at the tender age of 19 while wearing a fedora and a tie clip, but the SW+D version of MC is so much better looking than MC does MC.

I may be a noob but this condescending post looks like a poor attempt at trolling.

14. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

some suggestions for next contest:

mc does workwear

sw&d does goth ninja

mc does steam punk

mc does BSDM

15. Desi

Desi Well-Known Member

i thought they were going to use the standing picture like how MC had like 20 detail shots each lol. much fun though.

16. rocks

rocks Well-Known Member

My favorite fit is AR_Six, I like it because it's something I would wear minus the shoes of course....runners up are Aeglus, Adam24 and Desi, again minus his shoes.....

17. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

What is wrong with my Alfred Sargent for BBBF oxblood pebble grain PTB's? People have been critical and I'm not sure why.

18. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

What is wrong with my Alfred Sargent for BBBF oxblood pebble grain PTB's? People have been critical and I'm not sure why.

I think they look great. Bluchers often look blurby and inelegant. These look just casual enough but not fugly clunky.

19. constant struggle

constant struggle Well-Known Member

^Yeah dude I thought I recognized it. I have the exact same suit actually. Gonna wear it today, we're (and by "we" I mean "the head of our tax group with me sitting in the background nodding interestedly") giving a talk to some Mongolian gov't officials on how they should develop their resource tax regime. Dem boys gots all dat coppah gold and iron up in thurr. More coal than anything, though.

Oh right this is a clothing forum. Goooooo Black Fleece.

BBBF is great... too bad that picture makes mine look like sh!t

20. rocks

rocks Well-Known Member

Ar_Six, it's just a personal preference, I don't like the look of pebble grain nor Blucher's, don't be offended, I am a SW&D guy and I still dig your fit and style the best.