1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Suspenders with single chest 2-pieces suits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by lestat, Aug 13, 2004.

1. The Dandy

The Dandy Active Member

Having attended at least several hundred black tie events in my lifetime, I can easily say that I've never seen it to be the norm where men button their dinner jackets, particularly men with a sense of style. Where are you based, kidkim2?

2. kidkim2

kidkim2 Well-Known Member

Dandy--

Frisco.  (Burlingame, actually.)

Can we be talking about the same article of apparel?  I am unable to find any pictures anywhere of anyone wearing a "Tuxedo" jacket unbuttoned.

Please, someone.  Show me that I'm wrong.  I promise to go to bed without my party favor.

Mike

3. Will

Will Well-Known Member

Kidkim,

I didn't spend much time looking but to show that at least one photo exists, Roetzel's Gentleman, page 324.

Best,

Will

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

FYI, a large selection of Trafalgar braces are now available at Filene's basement for $20 (down from $80 retail). I'm willing to pick some up for people for, say, $30 a shot (to make it worth my while, and to account for taxes, paypal reamage), plus shipping (can be combined). There are lots of styles, so you'll just have to trust my judgement. PM me and Paypal me the money, and some very *general* preferences.

5. j

j Well-Known Member

$20 is typical for Trafalgars at Nordstrom Rack as well. Every time I go in there there is a selection of 6-7 (usually of the more boring styles) for $20 and occasionally they go for less. I did pick up a few pairs of the collectors edition and some other interesting ones at Marshalls a while back for $3-8 or so that I will eventually put up on ebay.