1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Surrounded by idiots - Help!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by aspirant, May 3, 2011.

1. divitius

divitius Well-Known Member

Tell him if he doesn't straighten up you'll have them all wear morning coats and top hats! [​IMG]

2. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Well-Known Member

This guy sounds like a tit. Lie to him. Tell him you spent a long time with your tailor finding a matching cloth with a bit of polyester. Emphasise how much hard work this was. How many hours you spent leafing through swatch catalogues to get just the right look. And how, finally, you managed to do it. Get the other groomsmen in on it, if you need to. When the suit starts to crease, tell him he's clearly completely fucking inexperienced with suits (which is obviously true) and that he has to learn to look after it properly, like a big man. This isn't just any old blend (remember how much work it was?). Lastly, it's your wedding. If he doesn't like it, find another groomsman.
    +1 Why are you being held hostage by this village idiot? Crap, he's getting a decent suit made for him, find a new groomsman. There's a reason why if I ever get married I'm not going through this BS, it will be a miniscule ceremony.

3. intent

intent Well-Known Member

Why do they all have to match? Just tell them all to wear suits of similar colour.

4. aspirant

aspirant Member

Thanks for the replies guys =D

Can't ditch him b/c he's a very good mate.

The current Miss is buying dresses for all her bridesmaid so I don't want to look like a cheapass.

It would be nice to be able use these suit at the next guy's wedding in 5-6 years. Tradition sounds good. Would the suits be able to last that long if it had a maximum of 20% polyester?

We're blowing 60k AUD (more than USD hehehe...) on the damn wedding already so it might as well be good.

5. Maccimus

Maccimus Well-Known Member

Let it be. He is your good mate anyway.

6. BlackShoes

BlackShoes Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies guys =D

Can't ditch him b/c he's a very good mate.

The current Miss is buying dresses for all her bridesmaid so I don't want to look like a cheapass.

It would be nice to be able use these suit at the next guy's wedding in 5-6 years. Tradition sounds good. Would the suits be able to last that long if it had a maximum of 20% polyester?

We're blowing 60k AUD (more than USD hehehe...) on the damn wedding already so it might as well be good.

Why are you asking for advice if you are going to ignore it?

7. viator

viator Well-Known Member

Have the guy's measurements taken. Then order his suit in the fabric you want.

8. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Well-Known Member

I think the tradition angle is a great argument for why you shouldn't do it in a poly blend. Plus the "I'm paying for the whole thing, and it would really mean a lot to me if you weren't a tosser" argument. As a last resort, if he insists on a blend, I'm sure there are other blends which might suffice - wool/cashmere, wool/silk, etc...

9. satorstyle

satorstyle Well-Known Member

Have the guy's measurements taken. Then order his suit in the fabric you want.

My thoughts exactly. Then take the tag out, what he doesn't know won't hurt him.

10. Reevolving

Reevolving Well-Known Member

First, tell him he knows nothing about suiting.
    Then, tell him to fuck off, shut up b/c you're paying, and appreciate the wool suit.

11. alexanduh

alexanduh Well-Known Member

replace the dickhead. teach him some respect.

12. Klobber

Klobber Well-Known Member

If you are paying for the suits to get made, get them 100% wool but just tell your mate they will be wool/polyester blend [​IMG]. Clip off the fabric tags and he wont know any different.

13. Kurt N

Kurt N Well-Known Member

Why are you asking for advice if you are going to ignore it?
    The better question is, why are people giving him advice he didn't ask for and not giving him advice he did ask for? He didn't ask whether he should ditch his friend or whether he should insist on all-wool. He specifically asked about the possibility of getting a fabric with some polyester while still looking like all-wool. What's the upper limit on the percentage of poly? I don't know the answer and see no point in making a wild guess, myself. But that's the question he's asking.

14. aspirant

aspirant Member

If you are paying for the suits to get made, get them 100% wool but just tell your mate they will be wool/polyester blend [​IMG]. Clip off the fabric tags and he wont know any different.

Thanks guys. I will do what most of you guys have suggested. Cheers