1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Sunglasses- Post Your Favorites

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GusW, Apr 5, 2011.

1. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Well-Known Member

I personally don't mind the logo. It gives a subtle accent. The build quality of a real Ray-ban are much better than the knock offs though. [​IMG]

Depends upon which knock offs you buy. Ray Ban is owned and made by Luxotica, who also make quite a number of other brands as well.

2. LatinStyleLover

LatinStyleLover Well-Known Member

It took me years to find a pair that I felt worked with my face and these Cartier did it for me. I got them about 5 years ago and I still love them. They have some nice details to them--18K, Bobinga wood, but it is how they look on me and feel with longterm use that I cared about.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Klobber

Klobber Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I remember loving these but never bought them. Were they made by Bvlgari? How do they stay on your face? Anyway, for now I am happy with my Oakley Whisker Sunglasses for now and will upgrade later.

4. bigandtall

bigandtall Member

5. pvrhye

pvrhye Well-Known Member

I remember loving these but never bought them. Were they made by Bvlgari? How do they stay on your face? Anyway, for now I am happy with my Oakley Whisker Sunglasses for now and will upgrade later.

Probably sit on your face fine lounging on the beach, but would fall right off in the sword fight that he's likely to be engaging in.

6. eddierrunner

eddierrunner New Member

I like the RayBan Wayfarers.

7. Saturdays

Saturdays Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I love these shades it really sets an awesome tone for the character. Next season should be intense!

8. AnGeLiCbOrIs

AnGeLiCbOrIs Well-Known Member

Thinking about the foldable RLPL. Do those glasses come with a case to store when folded?

Regards.

RL and sunglass hut sold them with an excellent small case. I almost never see it in the ebay sales though.

9. CCG

CCG Member

Bought these couple of weeks ago...love them! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. elgreco

elgreco Well-Known Member

Here are mine. Made in France (either in the 1950s or 1960s) and restored by Retrospecs in LA. [​IMG]

11. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. inq89

inq89 Well-Known Member

I love these shades it really sets an awesome tone for the character. Next season should be intense!

+1 love that show. And lol how he keeps losing it and the sunglasses always seem to come back.

13. barims

barims Well-Known Member

Here are mine. Made in France (either in the 1950s or 1960s) and restored by Retrospecs in LA.

Very tasteful. I can't picture them well with your face; a fit picture is required

+1 love that show. And lol how he keeps losing it and the sunglasses always seem to come back.

I've really come around to that show lately - very engaging

14. elgreco

elgreco Well-Known Member

Very tasteful. I can't picture them well with your face; a fit picture is required

Ask and ye shall receive:

[​IMG]

15. ktrp

ktrp Well-Known Member

I have some ray bans I don't wear so much, and some randolph crew chiefs that I love but with were just slightly bigger.

For people considering buying the RE, if you follow their fit advice, you'll get something that fits your eye socket, which might be smaller then you expect, given most aviators are oversized. The crew chief only come in one size anyway.

I considered going for the concorde's, but I don't think the style suits me. I may get some aviators from them at some point.

The quality and looks in person significantly exceed ray ban (for less money as well). I was never unhappy with ray ban, but there's no way I'd get ray ban aviators over RE.

At some point I'd like to get persol's or similar.

16. andreinewell

andreinewell Active Member

randolphs make you look like your eyes are far apart. not on everyone though just some.

17. andreinewell

andreinewell Active Member

18. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are great. Thinking between these and the Persol 2931.

19. cioni2k

cioni2k Well-Known Member

Bought these couple of weeks ago...love them! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I just recently bought a pair of the McQueen 714s in the darker tortoise color. I LOVE them. So many compliments on them too