1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by josepidal, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

^ it should be listed on the inside of the arm.. something like 54 / 18 / 140 or whatever the size may be for the lens / bridge / arm.

2. Logikal

Logikal Member

3. dupper

dupper Member

Raybans aren't my favorite. Lens quality is poor. Have you checked out Retrosuperfuture or Wonderland? both have the wayfarer shape with MUCH better lenses

4. Saito816

Saito816 New Member

Does anyone know if I can have a lens crafters or other prescription eye place put prescription sunglass lenses in a pair of Persol 649s or 714s? I was going to buy the glasses off of ebay, but was unsure if I could later replace the lenses with a prescription lens or not. Thanks so much!

5. darkzero

darkzero New Member

Guys I'm looking for an alternative to the Money 2 (Auburn Tortoise) by Selima Optique. They're $385 new when they're available which is just... a lot.

I've been searching for a similar style.. essentially the same color gradient and frame, but also the same size (57-58mm) as anything larger is just too big for my face. Or if anyone has these used I'd be interested.

[​IMG]

6. noob in 89

noob in 89 Well-Known Member

Apparently, the Sunglasses Huts at Macy's have begun offering lifetime exchanges on their products. Whether they're scratched, broken, no longer fit right, or you just don't like 'em, you should be able to exchange them in perpetuity -- much better than their usual 90 day warranty.

7. ffatt

ffatt Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I was looking for a pair of wayfarers in somewhat of a more squared form. Any recommendations and if some could ID these? As for pic....ahhh ya!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  8. shadowsnuzzy

shadowsnuzzy Well-Known Member

Where can I try on sunglasses brands that are not as hyped like Raybans, Persol, Mauis ect

I'm digging the look of Retrosuperfutures but I need to try on sunglasses before buying them. I live in the San Francisco area, any shops that specialize in this kind of stuff?

9. mr usneun

mr usneun Well-Known Member

Buy fake ones on ebay for 3 bucks. If you like them, buy the real deal (in size normal/medium!!!). this is how i made it!

10. mr usneun

mr usneun Well-Known Member

superretrofuture flat top in black

11. Cody Hart

Cody Hart Member

I am a firm believer in changing my sunglasses with the seasons. I normally stick to thin frames during the Summer time, and switch to thick/dark frames during the Fall/Winter. I am interested to see what frames you feel are the best fit for each season.

12. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

I never really thought of it seasonally as such, but I live in LA and wear sunglasses pretty much daily. I think I pair them more with my style of dress which I guess by extension does vary by season... just not as much out here. All I know is just don't wear Oakley's/sport-style (not that you ever would) with a suit like I see assholes doing more often than you would think.

13. Cody Hart

Cody Hart Member

Hahaha you are correct I would never do that, but I see it all the time here (chicago) as well. Oakley sunglasses should never been worn when dressing to impress.

1 person likes this.
  14. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a cheap pair of decent polarized sunglasses in either an aviator or wayfarer style. I read that ray ban lenses lenses aren't that good.

I see a pair of mosley tribes on sale for around 170. Is this my best bet for the price? Any recommendations? Thanks.

15. theh00d

theh00d Well-Known Member

^ american optical?

16. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

Thanks. I read up on American Optics and Randolph Engineering sunglasses. I heard mixed things on them about their weight and quality and was looking for other options.

17. xcuneytx

xcuneytx Active Member

Hi guys,

Which websites do you recommend for buying sunglasses of good/original quality? The pictures on some websites don't match the received order sometimes. I don't want to end up with fake sunglasses probably made in China.

I know sunglasshut is a good one.. which other sites are good??

Thanks in advance.

18. mike1445

mike1445 Well-Known Member

I havnt looked on Gilt for years but they were constantly running OP and Mosley Tribe sales. Just checked and they have Some Raybans and Persols up right now. Good styles come up now and again.

19. J Alan

J Alan New Member

I'm looking for a cheaper alternative to the Persol PO2953S sunglasses. All the Wayfarer style glasses I've seen seem to have frames that are a bit too large for my taste. Does anyone have a good pair to recommend or know of a Wayfarer style frame that is a bit smaller? I know I'm cheap, but I'm willing to spend up to $50 for a pair.

20. Eduardo Vidal

Eduardo Vidal New Member

who makes Adam Levine's sunglasses ? please help me!
    [​IMG]