1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by josepidal, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

I agree on their customer service lacking. When my order finally got mailed out after 3 or 4 calls to them they upgraded me to overnight shipping which helped. The product was great though.

Wow, that's too bad. I want to get a pair of Nebb's, but maybe they'll honor the online discount code at their brick & mortar shop.

Damn, it can't be that hard for them to manage that online shop. They can't sell THAT many glasses, and they're always shipping out a lightweight and small package.

2. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Anyone know what the exact brand and model of these sunglasses are? And where I can get them?

[​IMG]

do not know the exact brand/model... but I am pretty sure that any suburban mall would have a kiosk that sold very similar glasses right across from the 'bling' kiosk .

3. capnpyro

capnpyro Well-Known Member

4. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Well-Known Member

Dries - Raf - Raf from Gilt Groupe [​IMG]

5. robin

robin Well-Known Member

i'm starting to think brick and mortar places that carry sunglasses are only good for trying them on, does anyone pay full retail for sunglasses anymore?
    If you want to be sure you're buying authentic glasses from certain brands, your best bet is to buy them from a legitimate brick and mortar.

6. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

socal- the shades on the far left in that pic are awesome. you said they are dries? I dig the shit out of those. Do you not wear them much? I feel like I've never seen them before.

7. CityConnection

CityConnection Well-Known Member

Would a gradient lens be doable for males, or would they be considered more female'ish? Mainly talking about those CoN joints I posted.

I have seen and sold gradient lenses to males. In my opinion, they are uncomfortable to use. When it is sunny out only the top is dark. It is annoying in my opinion.

8. CityConnection

anyone know any similar frames to these oliver people's: [​IMG] or these moscot lemtosh: [​IMG] looking for cheaper alternatives
    Prada just released last week a pair that look similar to these with the keyhole nose bridge. I didnt get the model number but they should be in updated brick and mortar stores by next week. The price will probably be in the mid 200s but they are nice.

9. CityConnection

Alternative To Wayfarers:

Prada has released Prada Sport sunglasses that look similar to the Wayfarers but they are much more comfortable (rubber nosepads) and they sit a bit further from the face (good for people with low nose bridges a.k.a. asians). They are comfortable and come in a matte black...

10. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Well-Known Member

socal- the shades on the far left in that pic are awesome. you said they are dries? I dig the shit out of those. Do you not wear them much? I feel like I've never seen them before.

I just got them yesterday

11. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Anglo American makes reasonably priced quality horn-rim types.

12. Andrewc2232

Andrewc2232 Well-Known Member

I just picked up a pair of these a couple weeks ago: [​IMG] Also to Robbie: "Someday however, I'll own a 66 Galaxie 500 (my dream car) drive around rocking the shit out of a pair." I drive a 1966 7-Liter Galaxie. Pastel yellow with black hardtop, black leather interior with bucket seats. I'll try and get pictures up sometime soon.

13. __CB__

__CB__ Well-Known Member

[​IMG] these rltd (reiz) are really nice, but i'm a bit scared to find out what the prices are...

14. sybaritical

sybaritical Well-Known Member

I still have these Oliver Goldsmith Handmade Renzos for sale. Gorgeous Brown tortoisehell, Unworn and polished to perfection.

15. vivalet

vivalet Well-Known Member

16. CityConnection

silhouette

I've been wearing the same pair since 2000. They are fantastic.

http://www.silhouette.com/

Another alternative to Silhouette is Minima. They are light, manufactured in France and very good quality. You cant really tell the difference in quality until you make the lenses for the glasses. Silhouette is very good quality but Minima has paid attention to small details that make it a unique piece.

17. k4ppah

k4ppah Well-Known Member

these rltd (reiz) are really nice, but i'm a bit scared to find out what the prices are...

I thought the same thing and emailed spectacles for humans... they're 650 each.

18. chiamdream

chiamdream Well-Known Member

Andrewc - any chance of a fit pic? My friend and I are very interested in the folding model, but after getting burned by a deceptively tiny pair of eBay Persols a couple of years ago, I'm hesitant.

19. CityConnection

Andrewc - any chance of a fit pic? My friend and I are very interested in the folding model, but after getting burned by a deceptively tiny pair of eBay Persols a couple of years ago, I'm hesitant.
    Best thing to do if you are buying online and havent tried them on. Get a good fitting pair of sunglasses or glasses. See how the size works for you, then look at the measurements on the frame. It will say a number then a box then a number Or a dash in between (52 'box' 15 OR 52-15). The first number is the size of the lens (horizontally) and the second number is the size of the bridge (connection between the lenses that go over your nose). Try to find something similar to what you have now. It is a 75% fool-proof way to buy online. Why 75% and not 100%, you ask? Well, there are variables like wrap of the frame, thickness of frame or bridge, length of temple, fitting of bridge, bridge skew and so on. But take them in to a reputable store, tell them you bought them online and ask if they can fit it to your face (adjustment). Thank him/her for her expertise, throw the guy/gal $5-10, he/she will be as happy as you.

20. Hermitedge

Hermitedge Well-Known Member

Was going the wayfarer route thus straying away from my usual aviator steez... but couldnt. They're a bit bigger than how I would usually hang but the curve of the frame compensates for that. http://www.alldesignereyeglasses.com...b&in=98954.jpg [x] Polarized [x] Titanium [x] Made in Italy [x] Minimal branding