1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Gabru

Gabru Well-Known Member

Thanks, that'd be great

2. phsiao08

phsiao08 Well-Known Member

3. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Well-Known Member

Received these last week
    Liking this one, good cut to it and not chunky like a lot of puff style body warmers out there. Not as warm as a feather down of course, but warmer and more cosy than I was expecting which is nice.
    [​IMG]
    SuSu Link

Will probably send this one back, outside of a 3pce suit not sure a navy w/c is as versatile as I might have imagined. The material is also shiny irl - not sure if that is just this piece or a trait of Suit Supply linen in general?
    [​IMG]
    SuSu Link

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  4. armedferret

armedferret Well-Known Member

I have a natural ("light brown") linen wc from them that's not shiny at all. Might just be that specific fabric.

5. Spandexter

Spandexter Well-Known Member

My two linen jackets from this SS season aren't shiny either...

6. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Well-Known Member

New jort collection and a couple of other items are up now.

7. Michael81

Michael81 Well-Known Member

God DAMN it. I would definitely have gone with that navy Jort jacket instead of the blue wool-silk-linen Havana I bought a few weeks ago had it been available. Thanks for nothing, SuitSupply.

8. DonnyDB10

DonnyDB10 Member

I need some advice on suit sizing. I typically get my suits from Suitsupply as they are relatively inexpensive and the quality is nice for the price range. I've been wearing a 44R but I've recently shed nearly 25lbs. Now the 44R is very loose and somewhat baggy on me. My current 44R will need to be taken in in various places.

I'm ready to purchase another suit from them but I'm torn on what I should do size wise. Would you recommend I stick with the 44 and just have it altered or do you think I should size down to a 42R? I tried a 42R on; the trousers at the waist fit like a glove, but I'm afraid the jacket may be too tight once I get the waist suppressed.

So do you think I should stick with the 44 and just have altered to my preference or should I start sizing down to a 42?

9. Michael81

Michael81 Well-Known Member

First, congratulations on your weight loss.

As to your question: In my opinion sizing down is fraught with peril. While the 42 will be slimmer in the waist, the proportions will be different: shorter jacket, higher buttoning point, narrower shoulders and smaller armholes. Possibly also too-short sleeves and tighter trousers in the thigh. You'll probably get a cleaner drape from the shoulder and better proportions in general with a 44 than a 42. Just have the trousers and jacket taken in from the waist. They're relatively simple operations and any competent tailor could do it.

Having said that, if you have the opportunity to try on a 42, do it. That's probably the only way you'll know for sure.

10. jeep364

jeep364 Active Member

Hello all, a few questions. I have a Napoli Gray and Havana Hopsack wool blazer. I previously had a Napoli Blue (like that lighter almost electric blue from the $399 line - which I have since sold as it was too bold). I am very satisfied with the construction and overall fit of the Suit supply products I have. I don't wear suits that often, but was looking to add to my collection with a somewhat casual linen/wool, linen, or lighter wool suit that could be worn as separates.

I wear a 32R in both the Napoli's and Havana but am looking to go MTM this time around. Pants fit great, but the jackets are both slightly long for my shorter torso. The Havana is slightly tight around the chest (the v puckering of the lapels at times) and the button stance seems a bit high as well.

I will be hitting up the Georgetown (DC) store soon to try on and talk about some MTM with them. What cuts and fabrics should I be looking at? I don't like peak lapels (Washington line) or particularly high gorge height. I prefer an otherwise slim fit.

Havana - wool / linen?
    Hudson Navy S130s
    Lazio
    Sienna (I was actually thinking of a Birds Eye Sienna in the future after this more 'casual' initial MTM purchase)

11. phsiao08

Attached Files:

12. phsiao08

Also does anyone have any strong prefers e between these two brown suits? Definitely more of a fashion than work choice for me.

The Havana is made from a lightweight wool and the hudson is cotton.

Attached Files: