• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chulillo

Reaction score
Quick question for you guys living in -and ordering from- the US, where does your mechandise come from? Within the US or from Europe? Do you have to pay Custom taxes if the clothes come from Europe?

fieldofdreams

Reaction score

Quick question for you guys living in -and ordering from- the US, where does your mechandise come from? Within the US or from Europe? Do you have to pay Custom taxes if the clothes come from Europe? 

Seacaucus, New Jersey, US 95% of the time. rarely something will come from the Netherlands. We only pay state sales tax, if the state we live in has a physical store front.

Last edited:

Chulillo

Reaction score
Seacaucus, New Jersey, US 95% of the time. rarely something will come from the Netherlands. We only pay state sales tax, if the state we live in has a physical store front.
Thank you for answering! :)

We have to pay taxes for everything coming from the US, sometimes whatever we buy could end up costing us an extra 40% more...

fieldofdreams

Reaction score

Thank you for answering! :)

We have to pay taxes for everything coming from the US, sometimes whatever we buy could end up costing us an extra 40% more... 

Our suitsupply purchases cost about 25% more than they would in euros after accounting for exchange rates. I'm sure that is due to VAT and suitsupply passing the tariffs on to us.

jamie411

Reaction score

Which particular shirts would you recommend from their massive selection? I have a tab of their site open almost all the time, and am just after two shirts, but find it hard to know which to take a punt with at first! :)

If this is the wrong thread, please PM me or redirect me!

There's actually a Kamakura thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/333221/kamakura-shirts-madison-ave-store/1350#post_8236874

They do have a large selection - although they run out of certain sizes, which is why the keep adding new fabrics. They keep them all on the site until sold out of all sizes. Make sure to use the zoom tool, because sometimes the solids are actually dobby/textured fabrics.

Suntory

Reaction score
So let me get this straight, I'm measured as a 37 inch chest (wearing 34-36R OTR suits from UK) but I should buy a size 42 suit from SS due to the size conversion?

Last edited:

colco

Reaction score
So let me get this straight, I'm measured as a 37 inch chest (wearing 34-36R OTR suits from UK) but I should buy a size 42 suit from SS due to the size conversion?
They have different cuts each will have different chest measurements. Some are more generous while others are very slim fitting, though in general Suit Supply will fit on the slimmer side. I wear a 42R but had to get a 44L in a Havana jacket and it is the slimmest fitting jacket I own.

Suntory

Reaction score
They have different cuts each will have different chest measurements. Some are more generous while others are very slim fitting, though in general Suit Supply will fit on the slimmer side. I wear a 42R but had to get a 44L in a Havana jacket and it is the slimmest fitting jacket I own.
Thanks mate. If I get a 42R for Washington and Lazio, it's fine? Or should I size up to a 44?

colco

Reaction score
Thanks mate. If I get a 42R for Washington and Lazio, it's fine? Or should I size up to a 44?
Don't own them and havn't tried them on, can't advise you. I can't imagine sizing up that much if your chest measurement is 37" though. You should probably try and make a trip to a B&T Suit Supply store for yoru first purchases.

Suntory

Reaction score
Don't own them and havn't tried them on, can't advise you. I can't imagine sizing up that much if your chest measurement is 37" though. You should probably try and make a trip to a B&T Suit Supply store for yoru first purchases.
Not an option as I live outside all SS stores/countries.
Thanks though.

Last edited:

Chulillo

Reaction score
@Suntory you can just get two sizes and then return the one that doesn't fit you right. Everytime I have chat with the online help from SuSu they always encourage me to do that so it is part of their policy.

fieldofdreams

Reaction score

Thanks mate.  If I get a 42R for Washington and Lazio, it's fine?  Or should I size up to a 44?

If you have a 37 inch chest, in guessing you'd wear a size 36 (46 it). I have a 41 inch chest and wear a 40. I also have a relatively small waist. Pay no attention to size advisor. Get a 36 and 38 and return the one that doesn't fit. Is there not a store in your city?

Suntory

Reaction score
@Suntory you can just get two sizes and then return the one that doesn't fit you right. Everytime I have chat with the online help from SuSu they always encourage me to do that so it is part of their policy.

The import tax would cost too much! :(

If you have a 37 inch chest, in guessing you'd wear a size 36 (46 it). I have a 41 inch chest and wear a 40. I also have a relatively small waist. Pay no attention to size advisor. Get a 36 and 38 and return the one that doesn't fit. Is there not a store in your city?

No, I live in NZ :(
But wouldn't a size 36 chest be around 42 for SS sizes?

Last edited:

Seamless

Reaction score

The import tax would cost too much! :( 

No, I live in NZ :(  
But wouldn't a size 36 chest be around 42 for SS sizes?

I'm a 37 inch chest and wear a 34 for my narrow shoulders. Depends on more then just the chest.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads