1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Well-Known Member

^^ do let us know how the "Design your own suit" program turned out when you receive your suit!

2. pomor

pomor Well-Known Member

Hm, yeah, please let us know!!

I think we all like to be instantly gratified, and somehow we hate having to wait 3-4 weeks. I may just give this a try as well. I've been needing a solid Havana brown suit in a really nice wool fabric. Right now I have a few brown ones -- but all are blends like cotton or linen or wool/silk/linen.

3. jtorres94

jtorres94 Well-Known Member

That's exactly right, that's why I almost always somehow end up paying for the overnight shipping.

But I'll let you all know. I too originally wanted another brown suit in a wool, or at least a wool blend, since all I have is a brown double breasted in linen. I love the suit but just obviously wrinkles so easily and I don't always want that look. Though I ended up with the one I ordered because I couldn't find a brown fabric I really loved and I felt I could use a little hint of Prince Charles in my collection.

4. sdfzs

sdfzs Well-Known Member

Did you get any better reference to the fabrics then the few details on the web pages?

5. jtorres94

jtorres94 Well-Known Member

That's my only complaint, the details on the fabric is so limited and even the picture quality of the fabric is poor. I planned on visiting a store in person but just never got around to it and decided I'll just place my order online. Apparently they still offer free returns even with this program which really surprised me.

6. Michael81

Michael81 Well-Known Member

The design your own suits are good, but they really ought to provide more info on the fabrics. I ended up returning the Lazio I bought because the fabric wasn't quite what I wanted.

7. Nikola

Nikola Well-Known Member

I am surprised they are accepting returns on MTO suits as well. Typically, I'm a EU48 in trousers and EU50 in jackets .. and I need to take that in by some inch as well ..

Remember there was a guy here somewhere who was tricking the system by ordering two suits - one in size 50 and the other in 52 and he kept the trousers from one of the suits and jacket from the other because he was different trousers/jacket size and basically returned the size 50 jacket and size 52 trouser .. [​IMG]

Not cool, I know.

8. ultramantaro

ultramantaro Well-Known Member

Appears the Soho (Madison is discontinued) is only available through Design Your Suit program, but the problem is obvious that the up charge in USD is pretty signifiicant (399 euros vs 639 USD)

Is it possible to buy from the EU and ship to the US? I figure this would be a NO, but worth a try.

9. pomor

pomor Well-Known Member

Darn, I really wish they would hurry and release this overcoat. I remember seeing this a few months ago.

It appears to be a Dallas fit coat:

[​IMG]

Mr.TopCat, I need you to play the URL code game. Nothing's coming up for me. Maybe they cancelled this coat?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  10. pomor

pomor Well-Known Member

I believe we may still see this Dallas brown glenn check as well:

[​IMG]

11. facet

facet Well-Known Member

How tall are you? Because in the pictures, the jacket length looks too short anyways, so probably the L would end up being correct. Maybe you can see if the Design Your Suit has a 36L option.

12. Jeroen Vriend

Jeroen Vriend Well-Known Member

13. mbaltazar

mbaltazar Well-Known Member

Hi,
    did any of you guys got this Havana?

If yes, what do you think of the fabric? The sales assistant tells me it a 360gr/m2, which is quite thick for "regular usage" in a mild climate, right?

1 person likes this.
  14. phsiao08

phsiao08 Well-Known Member

Yeah I have a similar jacket. Not ideal for warm weather.

15. rye225

rye225 Active Member

Has the Madison been discontinued? I spoke to Whatsapp two weeks ago and they said it was merely out of stock

16. h3ro

h3ro Well-Known Member

They sold out the stock of the Reda 130's Madison for this Fall season. If I recall properly, they have a Navy Cotton Madison coming this upcoming Spring/Summer.
    Love the Madison cut, I still have a few from two Outlet sales ago which I still have to have hemmed. The jackets have definitely changed in fit over the past three seasons with the shoulder and waist widths being brought in considerably (website measurements be damned).
    I picked up the two they put up this past Spring/Summer. Simple 110's lightweight wool in Graphite and a gorgeous deep Blue. The graphite one has become my go-to formal dinner/non-black tie event suit.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  17. DonnyDB10

DonnyDB10 Member

Speaking of the Outlet sale, does anyone here know whether or not it will be coming back at some point?

18. fieldofdreams

fieldofdreams Well-Known Member

No more Jort, Washington, Soho, at least for now.

19. patliean1

patliean1 Well-Known Member

With the recent boom of "iGents", I'm surprised SS hasn't offered anything similar in style to the Jort at a lower price point.

I like the idea of wider lapel jacket (Hudson) with only two patch pockets (Havana) and a lower button position (York).

20. h3ro

h3ro Well-Known Member

That seems to be what they are adding with the upcoming Biella fit.

I was also surprised that they removed all the Jort suits from the online stores. My local store here in Atlanta still has a few Spring/Summer '16 Jorts available in store.