1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Satmoche

Satmoche Well-Known Member

I asked one of their sales assistant about their flannels suits for F/W, and he told me that they last less longer compared to their Super 110/120. He did say that it was mainly for the crotch area. Is that inherent to flannel trousers in general ?

2. mbaltazar

mbaltazar Well-Known Member

Honestly I don't know. I don't have any flannel suit.
    I ordered this Traveller Havana.
    [​IMG]

It serves my "year round" needs. I don't expect anything really amazing for the rest of the collection...

3. Zirma

Zirma New Member

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking on here for quite a while. I would now like to purchase a Washington suit and I wanted to know if I should size up for the Washington or not (I only own a Sienna 48R).

Thanks!

4. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Well-Known Member

Wearing my light brown Havana for the first time today, it's gonna be up to around 29c and sunny today in London so it'll be a good test to see if it holds up as a four-season suit, the fabric isn't as thick as I'd expect for a fall/winter suit, so I hope I won't be sweating later on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It must seem like I wear that tie all the time, I pretty much do.

Also a word of caution about this suit, although it's pure wool, it does crease fairly easily (mostly around the arms).

I'm not sure if that's because the fabric is thinner than my other pure wool suits, or the light colour accentuates the creases more; probably a mixture of the both.

3 people like this.
  5. mbaltazar

Looking good! Let me know your "end of day" thoughts. I've been eyeing that suit but the probable thickness of the cloth is holding me back...

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  6. MrTopCat

Thank you!

The suit was normal around 18-20c, but once it got past 25c it was becoming too warm (started sweating), and by the time it got to 29c it was way too hot.

I don't think this suit qualifies as a four-season suit, it looks wonderful on a sunny day, but it's more of a sunny day suit for when the temperature is around room temperature or lower.

At the end of the day (10+ hours of wearing), there were quite a few visible creases on the arms and back of the jacket, but surprisingly the trousers didn't get creased much.

Despite this, I'd still recommend this suit if you want to add a lighter colour to your F/W (and Spring) lineup, and you can always split the jacket and trousers up if you feel like it.

7. pomor

pomor Well-Known Member

I have one flannel SS suit which is actually cotton but I am kind of thinking it will wear out fast if I wear it a lot. It sort of looks like it might pill when rubbed against something (like a rougher inside of a winter coat or desk or chair.)

8. pomor

pomor Well-Known Member

BTW, congrats on 500 posts! Also, does anyone raise their eyebrows if you call Autumn Fall in the UK? Or is everyone so used to US media, few notice? :)

9. Michael81

Michael81 Well-Known Member

Has anyone here bought this Lazio? There's only one left in 94 and I'm thinking of pulling the trigger. Still not sure if I want this or a 'design your own' option in proper flannel.

[​IMG]

10. MeachamLake

MeachamLake Well-Known Member

That's one Americanism I've never heard anyone use over here. Pretty much every British brand uses the phrase "Autumn Winter Collection".

Then again, I do live a long way from London...perhaps they all have American accents down there these days. ;)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  11. MrTopCat

Thanks!

I usually just use F/W or Fall instead of A/W or Autumn on this forum, probably because even the UK Suitsupply website calls it Fall/Winter. In person I just call it "Autumn" but once I accidentally said "Fall" and a friend called me out on it. [​IMG]

I haven't heard anyone else say "Fall" in London (or others parts of the UK), except when I accidentally said it.

We haven't been Americanised just yet!

12. mbaltazar

Thanks for opinion. That's what I thought. A regular winter in Lisbon drops to 10/12 Celsius, that's why I don't go for flannels, although I really like them...

13. 2942

2942 Well-Known Member

Fabric is 340 g/M which is lighter than what I expected. But it's fully lined, so will have wait until it arrives...

14. davidazio

davidazio Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, so let's wait and see....

15. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Well-Known Member

For those of you interested, looks like the actual F/W collection is finally out now (read: not in pre-order phase anymore) on SuitSupply's US/Canada website!

16. pomor

pomor Well-Known Member

This can't be it. There is still stuff I have seen that's not on the site. It will probably be added in September though. I would say 80% is there already though.

17. mbaltazar

It's the same in Europe. I don't know if it's me but it kind of looks the same...

18. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Well-Known Member

From what I have observed in previous seasons, SuSu continue to add stock throughout the season. I expect some more will be released in September, too. All that's available now is what was available as pre-order last week.

19. mbaltazar

Yep. A Sales Assistant told my the "full" release would be Friday. If this is it, my wallet thanks them :)

20. pomor

pomor Well-Known Member

So I am reporting back on this piece of knitwear:

[​IMG]

While I like it and am keeping it, I find it very delicate, even for a vest. The weave is kind of loose in many places (it's from the summer collection). I think I am not buying any more SS knitwear and will concentrate on suiting waistcoats.

But just one is nice to have. I like the color. It kind of has a British autumnal hunting theme going, and I can combine it with a bunch of stuff.

I might try something from the winter collection that's not cotton or cashmere.

I have this from last Fall collection and love it. The weave is tighter and it seems like it would fare much better after repeated use:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    1 person likes this.