1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. suitfreak

suitfreak Member

True, Im just not a fan of suts that are too long and it seems only the Lazio fits that description in the 40R, plus my waisteline wont fit a 38R so to sum in up, Im probably not suited for the suits available..."sigh"

2. yywwyy

yywwyy Well-Known Member

You could always buy the closest size that fits in the shoulders and have the chest/waist adjusted by a tailor.

3. suitfreak

suitfreak Member

Yea thats probably what Im going to do. What confuses me is the statement that the Lazio is the shortest cut but it has the same measurements as the Washington and Siennna as far as the back lenght is concerned, which I presume dictates the overall length of the suit?

4. suitfreak

suitfreak Member

Gentlemen,

Thanks for all your advise and the forum is extremely helpful in making a decision on the right type of suit for me. I'd appreciate some comments/advise based my analysis on the following;

The one thing that still gets me is that all information on the length of the 40r i.e. Lazio/Washington/Sienna are the same i.e. 30.7 and considering threads which state that the Washington is the longest, I would presume there is an error.

More importanty, for those who have experience with the fits of the Lazio and the Sienna, are they of the same length? I'm going based on the info on the website and they are both 30.7, Im not a fan of super long suits so if this is the case Im thinking of buying the Sienna because of the better attention to detail, which Im hoping is true. Any comments/advise?

Thanks!

5. flashkobalt

flashkobalt Well-Known Member

Considering pulling the trigger on the Washington cut, but wanted to ask if someone with a size 40 Regular could post the actual waist/hip/thigh measurements of the pants/trousers. Also, is it possible to let the the trousers out a bit should they be too tight at the waist?

6. Rincon

Rincon Well-Known Member

Does the washington cut have the wide/peak lapel every season?

That's their slimmest fit correct? Has anyone bought one - how would it compare to a Dior slim cut, for instance?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

7. beowolf

beowolf Well-Known Member

I am debating the decision to purchase this tuxedo:

http://us.suitsupply.com/suit-black...tart=1&cgid=Suits&prefn1=style&prefv1=Evening

I tried it on in the DC store and it fits great with only a few adjustments in the 40L jacket. the 38L jacket is perfect but the pants are too tight and beyond alteration and they do not allow swapping. My wife and I will be going on a cruise in december and I wondering if it will be worth it.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  8. msulinski

msulinski Well-Known Member

How tight were the pants? It is usually possible to have them let out slightly, like 1 inch or so. You can ask ss how much extra fabric they have in there.

9. beowolf

They are really tight, I have a slim build but muscular thighs and there is not much room to loosen the legs, the waist could come out some.

10. msulinski

If they are tight through the thighs, then there isn't much you can do. A good option is to go Suit Supply Mtm. It will cost a little more but you get a fully canvassed garment. I'm not sure you can get this done by cruise time, however. Maybe you could ask them about a mto option? You would order the pants in one size and the jacket in the other.

11. beowolf

Thanks. I am really deciding if it is even worth it. Most people don't wear Tuxedos anymore on Cruises and I don't really go to many black tie affairs. But I have always wanted to have one just in case.

12. msulinski

I'm going on a cruise in December as well (over New Year's Eve), and I faced the same decision. I ended up with a Joseph a bank signature peak lapel tuxedo for 300. I probably would have preferred suit supply if I had known about it at the time. But if you can't get a good fit, then it probably isn't the way to go. Unfortunately, in that price range, there are very few options for a peak lapel tuxedo.

13. beowolf

The 40L fits good, just a little loose in the jacket. They charge 27 dollars to alter it. It is not bad and the pants for the 40L are near perfect. I am still deciding. My wife and I take cruises regularly so I guess it would be considered a good investment.

14. DrStrangelove

DrStrangelove Well-Known Member

They sell the tuxedo-trousers separately. Productcode "B1109".

15. beowolf

Nice, but what about the Jacket? It would be great if they sold that separately.

16. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Well-Known Member

Loose where? Loose in the shoulders is unfixable. Loose anywhere else is fixable.

17. beowolf

shoulders are fine, it is a little loose in sides and midsection.

18. zizou

zizou Well-Known Member

for what it's worth, i purchased the washington peak lapel tuxedo in the spring (may have been last season's collection since the picture on the website is different).

i wear a 40R in other suits so i purchased the 40R. the jacket was fine. the waist was very suppressed so i would have had to let it out a bit. the pants were beyond alterations. i have large soccer thighs, and the pants made it look like i was wearing leggings. so i ended up having to return it.

i ended up buying a peak lapel tuxedo from the wizard of aahs for $300ish.

19. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Well-Known Member

If the shoulders fit on the 40L, and the pants are exactly right, you're hemming and hawing over some nips through the body? I don't understand your problem here.

20. msulinski

So the shoulders work on both the 38L and the 40L? I would think they could only be perfect on one of them.