1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. n2pua

n2pua Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  2. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

For SuSu suits, which style can I expect to have at least an 8" leg opening?

3. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

IIRC, most every suit trouser has a 7.9 hem.

Last edited: May 2, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  4. El Argentino

This Havana arrived in the mail for me today: Wool/Silk/Cashmere blend -

[​IMG]

I know immediately that any suit w/ a cashmere/silk blend in it is improper to serve as a workhorse suit, so I'm not intending on using this one hard. What is the best care though for this as opposed to a 110Wool sort of deal?

5. fieldofdreams

fieldofdreams Well-Known Member

Depends on trouser size I would imagine. My trousers are size 34 and all but my Havana came with approximately 8" openings. Havana was slightly smaller.

1 person likes this.
  6. fieldofdreams

I own that suit. I've really only worn it as a sc though. I just hang it after I wear it and brush it on occasion.

Btw, it's a very warm suit. Probably not suitable for daytime during the summer.

7. sacafotos

sacafotos Well-Known Member

What are your favorite fabric blends?

How warm or breathable is hemp-blend fabric? How wrinkly?

8. breideux

breideux Member

Hi. Do you mind taking some pics? How is the fabric and colour? I am looking to order this myself!

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  9. El Argentino

Sure: These turned out very grey looking under tungsten light. IRL it definitely has a more blueish hue, like the stock photo; not quite as saturated, but still blue. The fabric feels wonderful, but the lack of padding in the shoulders is very noticeable because of how the suit drapes. Like another poster mentioned above, it is very warm; I tried it on in my house for a few minutes and could feel it hold in heat - very useful for winter, not so much for summer, despite the light weight of the fabric (which would have led me to believe it was a very cool-wearing suit).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. breideux

breideux Member

Thanx a lot. I will place an order tonight. How was the fit? True to size?

11. Chulillo

Chulillo Well-Known Member

I bought a Napoli suit (navy) yesterday... Fingers crossed for the trousers. I hope they fit properly.

12. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Well-Known Member

@Chulillo your casual fits are so good, I can't wait to see you dressed in proper CM. [​IMG]

13. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

Thanks for the responses. But remembered SuSu jackets have working button sleeves. Still the case?

14. Chulillo

Thanks Shawn! I never upload any of my more formal outfits because I really think I am not classic enough, LOL :p

15. Chulillo

Mine do, but they are from last year. I have bought the Napoli suit this year so will see.

16. fieldofdreams

The Havana and Washington are the slimmest susu i own. But it's not a full size difference, maybe a half inch in the waist. However, when compared to a Napoli it is probably close to a full size difference. The color is much more similar to the stock photos than the pictures the other user posted. I would say that it is actually the closet in color to the stock photos of all the "blue" pieces I have ordered. I think other colors may photograph more true to color than blue. I'm no expert on that, though.

17. riton

riton Well-Known Member

18. Mike Ross

Mike Ross Active Member

I'm looking at purchasing either a Jort or Havana linen jacket and could use some sizing advice. I'm fairly tall and slim (~6'2) and RLBL in a 38r fits me well, but is a bit short. Would 38L work in the Jort or Havana? I'm worried 38L might be too roomy...

19. roquesoon

roquesoon Well-Known Member

^The only way to really know is to try one on, but for reference, I'm 6'3", 170lb, with a relatively long torso, and 38L is my size in the Havana. 40L fits me well also (with a little bit of taking-in), but the sleeves are too long. I can't imagine the Havana would be too roomy on you unless you are very slim.

20. El Argentino

Havana seems to fit pretty darn slim. I prefer a long as well, but then the pants are even slimmer b/c long sizes are drop7 as opposed to drop6 on the regular sizes.