1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. dufferin1

dufferin1 Well-Known Member

Thanks filterq,

As per Despos response in the tailor thread, he indicated that I have a low left shoulder and that it is very hard to do anything about it unless MTM/Bespoke. He did say that padding in the left shoulder could be slightly increased but for now, i've decided to keep the jacket, exchange the pants for a 36 and simply have the pants hemmed/sleeves let out.

2. Firefox

Firefox Well-Known Member

3. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Well-Known Member

Anyone that could give me some measurements concerning their suits? I'm looking at the Napoli suits and want to know the following measurements:

Jacket
    1. What is the back length including collar for size 38R and 38S?
    2. What is the sleeve length for size 38R and 38S from shoulder seam to end of cuff?
    3. Is the chest measurement at the website for the 38" Napoli suit jacket true (42,7")?

Trousers
    4. What is the waist width measurement for size 30" and 32" (are they actual 30" and 32" or +/-)?

5. What is the thigh width measurement for size 30" and 32"?
    6. What is the seat width measurement for size 30" and 32?

I would be very appreciative if someone could provide me with at least some answers to these questions.
    Thanks in advance.

4. DonRaphael

I received the measurements from their customer service, if someone is interested in them.

Have anyone tried their coats (http://www.suitsupply.com/on/demand...US/Product-Show?pid=J210&start=4&cgid=Coats)? How's the fit?

I usually take 18-18,5" suit jackets and 19-19,5" overcoats over the shoulders measured from shoulder seam to shoulder seam straight across the back. Suitsupply, however seem to measure the shoulder width in quiet a different way. They measure it from the shoulder seam, up to the collar, straight under the collar and then down to the other shoulder seam (see picture under "What's my size?" in the link I provided above). Anyone owning a coat of the above mentioned (http://www.suitsupply.com/on/demand...n_US/Product-Show?pid=J215&start=5&cgid=Coats has the same fit) and can comment on fit?

I'm tempted to order a Napoli suit and the first (over)coat I provided a link for, but am unsure concerning shoulder width. Usually, I would take a suit that has 18,5" in shoulder width (which for a Napoli suit would translate to 38"), but with their way of measuring I'm unsure. Does anyone own a Napoli suit in 38" chest and/or a coat of theirs (any size would do, just want to confirm what the difference in inches is between measuring "from shoulder seam to shoulder seam" and their way of measuring) that can measure from shoulder seam to shoulder seam across back and provide me with the measurements?

Thank you.

5. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Well-Known Member

I have 2 Napoli 38s and remember measuring once that the seam to seam was right around the 18.5 mark.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  6. DonRaphael

I see. Thank you very much. Do you mean 38S (short) or 38R (regular)? Would you be kind to measure the total length of the jacket including the collar? I'm 5"10-5"10 1/2 and am afraid the jacket may be to long. May I ask how tall you are also?

Thank you.

7. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Well-Known Member

regular. I am just about 6-1 and don't like an overly long coat. the regular just covers my butt. length measurements are on the website.

you can order 4 sizes and send back the ones that don't fit.

8. DonRaphael

Thank you. The measurement on the website concerning the length of the jacket is w/o the collar, thus my question. Anyone willing to provide?

I know I can order many sizes and send back the ones that don't fit. But I rather get one that fits from the get go. Or at least as much as possible. Although, it seems I need to order a 38S and 38R with W30" and W32" + 42" coat and 44" coat.

LOL.

Thank you for your help.

9. yywwyy

yywwyy Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried out their winter coats? Verdict?

10. Hotel Guy

Hotel Guy Well-Known Member

I tried on the grey cashmere coat at the store last week and it seemed great.

11. yywwyy

yywwyy Well-Known Member

A few questions, if I may:

How is the padding on the shoulders? Are the armholes high? How was the length for you? Do you know if the wool ones have the same fit?

12. JBG89

JBG89 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have an associate in the NYC store that they would reccomend for a fitting?

13. bmathe02

bmathe02 Well-Known Member

Judith

14. heterophilous

heterophilous Well-Known Member

ian doran was great when i swung by the store in july . . .

15. DonRaphael

I second that. Am also interested in the fit of the coats. I think they are sized weird though.

Example: the size 44R has a 19,4" shoulder width and 24,4" chest width measurement (asked for the measurements from customer service). Now, 24,4" chest width for 44R sounds reasonable, but not at 19,4" shoulder width.

I have some suits at 19,1" shoulder width (size 40") so I guess I should purchase the size 44R suitsupply coat if I intend to fit the suit under the coat. But 24,4" chest width... come on.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  16. yywwyy

yywwyy Well-Known Member

Updated Recap of Q's about the coat, if someone decides to answer:

How is the padding on the shoulders?
    Are the armholes high?
    How was the length for you?
    What are the fit differences between the cashmere vs wool coats?
    From online, it looks like the wool coats are unlined, at least at the back-- can you confirm?

17. TM79

TM79 Well-Known Member

The green Havana on the website looks pretty nice . Also, the brown herringbone Milano - but for some reason I can't click into that one to detail. All the link does is refresh the main jackets page. Annoying.

The blue Havana with the Prince of Wales-esque pattern has been my favorite that I've seen on the site. Pretty annoyed I never bought it. Seemed like good value at $300.

18. Hotel Guy

Hotel Guy Well-Known Member

Not much padding, armholes were high like the rest of the suit jackets, length seemed appropriate for the size I tried on, I only tried on the cashmere. It was super soft and felt like top of the line quality. Great modern fit/styling which can be hard to find in an overcoat.

19. tdavishurt

tdavishurt Member

Just curious. I am 5'6 188 I usually wear a size 40R in suits like Hugo Boss the Pasolini fit and 42R in the James/Sharp fit. For the most part I usually wear a 40R with alterations to the sleeves. I am wondering should I get a 42S in suit supply suits. I wear a 16.5 32/33 dress shirt. Any assistance is welcomed.

20. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Well-Known Member

at 5"6', you wear a 40r?

Seems to me like that would be far too long.