1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Why Am I

Why Am I Active Member

Which MTM shops are you referring to?

2. patliean1

patliean1 Well-Known Member

Beckett Robb in both Salt Lake and San Fran.
    BLVdier in Chicago - Just opened and the owner is a former Suitsupply MTM manager, brand name fabrics (VBC, Reda, etc).
    Soren Custom in Toronto - Their site is a little over the top for SF members but the quality and options are plentiful.
    Kent Wang in NYC.

For the record I own 4 SS suits. Paying $500-$600 w/tax plus alterations becomes less of a compelling argument when for another $100 tops I can get a fully MTM suit from one of the aforementioned shops. Of course assuming you live or frequently visit these cities.

3. macjedi

macjedi Well-Known Member

Thanks VincentVogan! Your assessment is spot on. I appreciate your feedback!

Thanks username79! I appreciate the feedback! Agreed on the selection … my objective was more to give SS another shot and see if anything works for me size/fit wise, so I purposely chose items I wouldn't be too tempted to keep. However, the Havana linen is tempting at $469 :). My main concern was the DB. I've wanted to give it a go and SS seemed like a good option. The Madison is a no go, but I think with the right cut, a DB is a possibility. I agree that one needs confidence to pull off these looks. My hesitation is more with the fit, than the style.

4. 00Schneider

00Schneider Well-Known Member

anyone interested in this suit size 36R (46 German size)?

http://eu.suitsupply.com/de/suits/lazio-blau-unifarben/P3963.html

BNWT.
    I paid 300 Euros (345 Dollars), current Dollar price at SS is 500.

Tracked shipping to the US should be 40 Euros, but I will check again, if anyone's interested.

So approximately 400 Dollars shipped instead of 500 from SS directly.

5. thebeebs

thebeebs Well-Known Member

6. ferdsje

ferdsje Well-Known Member

I purchased last week the sienna navy birdseye. It feels really good on hand, festures wool ss130, and has a soft shoulder wich makes it look a little more relaxed than other suits. Also, because of the soft shoulder it wrinkle a little bit, not the same but similar as the spalla camicia napolitana shoulder.

Otherwise, the fit its great, but if you are looking for a more structured jacket, maybe the lazio it's a good chance.

Hope this helps.

7. rye225

rye225 Active Member

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a waistcoat and this one has caught my eye.

Anyone had any experience with Suit Supply Waistcoats?

[​IMG]

8. ferdsje

ferdsje Well-Known Member

The new SS 2015 campagin is out. Pretty disappointing, no more soho suit models? Will wait for the jort collection...

9. thebeebs

thebeebs Well-Known Member

thank you, but the 3485 is actually not their birdseye model. But I do believe they're similar

10. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Well-Known Member

I just got mine yesterday (different fabric), as well as those trousers. I love it more than I thought I would.

[​IMG]

These marketing campaigns just keep getting weirder and weirder (I liked the F/W 14 campaign though).

I don't see any new products on the site at all.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  11. novaeagle

novaeagle Well-Known Member

You have to click "S/S 2015 pre-order" in the sidebar

12. Jeroen Vriend

Jeroen Vriend Well-Known Member

How is the lenght? Usually I wear size 48L eu size. I am planning to buy it but dunno about the lenght. Got that trousers to, cuffed it with a 2" cuff.

13. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Well-Known Member

Digging some of the new waistcoat!

1 person likes this.
  14. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Well-Known Member

I still don't new anything new, probably has been available for Europe already.

Waistcoats generally look longer on me, since I prefer to wear my pants high and have a high inseam (Also I'm just 5'7).

It's a size 32R waistcoat with size 26R trousers, and a size 32R Hudson jacket.

The trousers are awesome, love the side adjusters and the pleats. Kinda wished for them to be wool/linen rather than linen/cotton as they crease very easily.

15. 1up

1up Well-Known Member

Hi Gents, would appreciate some information and knowledge for the next time I attempt a MTM.

This suit is primarily for events, weddings, dinners. Something more modern and less traditional, unlike my work suits.

I'm happy with the suit in most respects, but I wonder how to get rid of the horizontal bunching on the pants, without increasing the width of the hips/seat/thighs and losing the slim fit look. I notice that if I stick my butt out more and arch my back, the wrinkles go away. Is this postural?

Any other observations?

Few quick disclaimers:
    - Excuse the shirt, was all I had at this residence
    - Suit is in bad need of a press, traveled with it. If the pics are too affected by it I will take others.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Rugger

Rugger Well-Known Member

If anyone has any 42R items they're selling please let me know

17. rye225

rye225 Active Member

Looking good MrTopCat!

1 person likes this.
  18. VincentVogan

VincentVogan Well-Known Member

Hey 1up.

If I were you, I would:

a) Have the jacket made a bit longer to accommodate a lower button stance.

b) Have the trousers made with a bit higher rise and perhaps do away with the belt loops in favor of side tabs.

c) Let the seat of the trouser out just a bit.

d) Shorten the trousers a bit. Too much break right now?

I can't tell from the side pic if the vents are open or not, but apart from that, yes, the suit fits you nicely. It's a clean fit.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  19. novaeagle

novaeagle Well-Known Member

What do you guys think of the blue cotton copenhagen as a casual go-to? I work in a fairly casual office, and I feel like it would dress up my look on a daily basis without being too excessive.

[​IMG]

20. sdotc

sdotc Member

I have two copenhagens -- a pure cotton and a pure linen, and I like them both a lot. The downside is the linen is REALLY relaxed so there are few occasions where I feel "dressed up" enough wearing it, and the cotton is nice, but a little stiff for long term wear -- great for a couple hours at a bar, but I wouldn't want to wear it all day (e.g. to work). My next purchase is likely to be this one:

[​IMG]
    which is cotton-linen, and I'm hoping its a nice compromise between the two. Since the jacket of this suit look almost identical to the jacket you are looking at, you could get the whole suit for $150 more than the jacket and get a little more comfortable fabric as well.

I'm specifically looking at this one as my go-to for southern california spring/summer garden events and weddings. I hadn't thought of dressing up a cotton suit with a contrasting waistcoat until I saw this pop up on the suitsupply website, but I really like the look. Paired with a soft wash shirt and no socks I'll be the most comfortable guy at the event. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015