• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excellent Timo, love the lapels and shoulders!

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That's looks very good Timo, especially the jacket. I saw the pic on Tumblr as well. Personally, the only thing I would change for next time is a slightly bigger leg opening so the pants drape a little nicer....that's just nitpicking.

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The La Spalla trousers fit very much like leggins. Unless you have very thin legs I would avoid it. I'd go for York or Sienna.

Really? I've found them to be fine, at least in relation to other Suit Supply suits. They seem comparable to the Lazio pants. Napoli pants, on the other hand, are very slim. And I definitely do not have thin legs.

Last edited:

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Solaro MTM

That looks awesome, and the cloth looks relatively subtle as well. At least not as in your face as the regular tan colour. The wide lapels, lower buttoning point and natural shoulders do make a big difference. I wish they made an RTW cut like this.

Did you ask for a draped chest, or is that just a happy accident? Despite the drape, it seems like your lapels are bowing slightly, but that might just be because of the pose. Either way, thank you for showing us!

Last edited:

timotune

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments.
The pants are indeed not draping perfectly, but mind that they are:
- cotton
- traped by my knee sock.
I will, however slighty increase the leg width on my next order.
Jacket fits pretty good (so I ordered another one :)).
I had them make the chest a bit wider so there's some nice drape.
Of course, the result still has some flaws, it is my best fitting jacket by far.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it fits very well Timotune. I'm enjoying the patch pockets as well as the classic 3r2 set up and generous lapel width as echoed above. If it were my coat, I'd bring down the lapel gorge just a fraction.

timotune

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

it fits very well Timotune. I'm enjoying the patch pockets as well as the classic 3r2 set up and generous lapel width as echoed above. If it were my coat, I'd bring down the lapel gorge just a fraction. 

Thanks. There's no chance to lower the gorge in the MTM system, though (I like it that high, just as a general info).

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope one day they'll provide a MTM service in a Suit Supply near my town. For now, no Suit Supply as of yet, but there's one planned for Montreal this winter. We'll see!

Rage Phish

Reaction score
I have read through this just about this entire thread, but I still have a question

Is there any sizing chart that will tell me what size pants waist come with which size suit?

For instance, what size waisted pants come with a 40r la spalla vs the 38r la spalla?

I can't seem to find this info anywhere. Any help is appreciated?

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have read through this just about this entire thread, but I still have a question

Is there any sizing chart that will tell me what size pants waist come with which size suit?

For instance, what size waisted pants come with a 40r la spalla vs the 38r la spalla?

I can't seem to find this info anywhere. Any help is appreciated?

Measurements are shown on the size advisor page.

Rage Phish

Reaction score
oh ma n, i feel like an idiot. how did i not see the second tab to click on!?

thanks!

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi SF, quick question for you today!

In the beginning of August, I'll be attending my cousin's wedding as a guest (not a groomsman, or anything) and I'm torn between 2 options, as to how I want to dress.

1- Seeing how I don't even own a simple navy sport coat and given that it's quite a basic item to possess in term of opportunity to wear, I could use the wedding as an opportunity to buy a blue-navy sport coat. It would repay itself given I'll have plenty of other uses for it in the future. If I choose this venue, I'm torn between the options below (I'd rather buy a Havana instead of a Washington/Washington Half/Madison/Soho - I love the peak lapels but I find notch to be more subtle and more versatile).

2- I could have a little fun and experiment with some colors and summer-y fabrics, but not enough to look like I'm trying to steal the show. I had these jacket in mind, but they are less 'staple' than the option above. I would certainly find other uses for them, but should I try to acquire staple items first?

Thank you for your input!

Last edited:

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi SF, quick question for you today!

In the beginning of August, I'll be attending my cousin's wedding as a guest (not a groomsman, or anything) and I'm torn between 2 options, as to how I want to dress.

1- Seeing how I don't even own a simple navy sport coat and given that it's quite a basic item to possess in term of opportunity to wear, I could use the wedding as an opportunity to buy a blue-navy sport coat. It would repay itself given I'll have plenty of other uses for it in the future. If I choose this venue, I'm torn between the options below (I'd rather buy a Havana instead of a Washington/Washington Half/Madison/Soho - I love the peak lapels but I find notch to be more subtle and more versatile).

2- I could have a little fun and experiment with some colors and summer-y fabrics, but not enough to look like I'm trying to steal the show. I had these jacket in mind, but they are less 'staple' than the option above. I would certainly find other uses for them, but should I try to acquire staple items first?

Thank you for your input!

Save your money for a navy blazer, but not one from SuSu. If you're going to buy a navy blazer, you might as well save up to get the perfect one, as you'll wear it often.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics