1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Well-Known Member

I'm going against the grain by admitting there's a few promising elements. Although I admit there's a lot of peacock-y garments, I saw a handful that I'd like to try!

But, as you guys said, it would be good if they had at least a couple of grays and blues in each fit.

2. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Well-Known Member

Agreed, Suitsupply needs a few staple fabric suits which are always restocked and available throughout any time time of the year (Which aren't limited to the Napoli fit).

Some of the statement pieces are my type and I would buy them, but I'm still trying to build a base wardrobe first, so I need some staple-ish suits.

I pre-ordered this, thought I'd give it a try.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Though on a close-up of the fabric, it looks kinda of "dirty", not sure what the fabric type is called and I'm not sure if I like it or not.

Also I need versatile suits, I'm wondering how well this would be split up (wearing jacket or pants separately).

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  3. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Well-Known Member

It won't split up well at all. The peak lapels and shiny fabric make it an obvious orphaned suit jacket, and the same goes for the trousers. This one would split up quite well:

[​IMG]

And this one (it's a size too small here, and makes the guy look very pear shaped):

[​IMG]

Obviously this one as well, but I hate the cut:

[​IMG]

4. VincentVogan

VincentVogan Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how extravagant Suit Up's MTM fabric selection is? They say they have over 600 fabrics to choose from, but I haven't been able to find anywhere an opinion on them and given what I've seen so far in the Spring '15 collection, I wouldn't be surprised to find just a few decently-looking fabrics.

5. MrTopCat

I like the first one but the horizontal stripes were a deal breaker for me, looks odd to me.

As for the second one, green isn't my colour, nor is Havana my fit (Don't like the lapel width).

The third one, great fabric but again, Copenhagen isn't my fit either because of the lapels.

I would have gone for this:

[​IMG]

But it was already gone in my size. [​IMG]

I don't think the peaked lapels are an issue for splitting up the Washington, but the fabric probably will be (Depends on the sheen difference IRL compared to studio lighting/editing).

I remember that the Hudson I got for F/W looked fairly shiny on the website, but had hardly any shine when it actually arrived.

If I do decide to keep it I'll probably split it up anyway, but probably not as much since it doesn't work as well as the suits above would.

The good thing is that by the time the suit actually arrives, the full collection will probably be available, so I can just exchange it for a more versatile suit instead, if needed.

6. kular01

kular01 Active Member

Hey guys, just got my 42R Napoli in the other day. What alterations do you guys recommend? First time suit buyer here.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  7. Pb924

Pb924 Well-Known Member

I would say lengthen the sleeves and hem the pants. other than that, looks pretty spot on.

8. kular01

kular01 Active Member

thanks for the input @Pb924 . I was thinking about getting the pants narrowed, the sleeves narrowed, and bring in the upper waist.

9. Rugger

Rugger Well-Known Member

Does anyone have the plain Sienna 130s navy suit? Seen here!

I'm wondering how it looks in person. The online chat said it's dark but kind of a blue marine. Does it have any sheen or is it pretty flat? I'm looking for a dark navy staple type suit and am considering this one. I already own the 3485 SEEN HERE and since it is lighter in person than in the picture, I am curious about the seemingly darkest sienna linked above.

10. novaeagle

novaeagle Well-Known Member

11. ino68

ino68 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  12. Rugger

Rugger Well-Known Member

In addition to my question, the SA said a few things of interest

1) They will soon allow hemming via online purchases
    2) US access to the outlet is coming
    3) They are considering making swatch books available

13. breakaway01

breakaway01 Well-Known Member

I would do none of those alterations. High chance that everything will look too skinny/tight afterwards. Unless that is the look you want.

14. Why Am I

Why Am I Active Member

15. MrTopCat

16. ScottMC

ScottMC Well-Known Member

If anyone is considering a Hudson jacket, I would highly suggest it.
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  17. emidyl

emidyl Well-Known Member

any alterations? looks like it fits you quite nicely

18. ScottMC

ScottMC Well-Known Member

Thanks. None. Considering +.25" sleeve length.

19. emidyl

emidyl Well-Known Member

just having a look at some of the new spring preorder. might be getting a few items

20. emidyl

emidyl Well-Known Member

oh, I thought it was only Can that wasn't granted access. So I assume just all NA doesn't get access?