1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. throwaway1

throwaway1 New Member

sorry. The suit is with the tailor right now whos hemming the pants.

2. Bmjoseph

Bmjoseph Member

I was searching for the Napoli Blue Label that is sold out in the 46R. I reached out to customer service and they located me one in Europe somewhere that they were going to ship to me. I went into my Chicago store and they ended up shipping me one from the NYC location. Point being, if you are looking for it, you may be able to get your hands on one it if you call around. Good luck!

3. Baked Potato

Baked Potato Well-Known Member

The problem is that we don't have any SS stores in Stockholm (nor anywhere else in Sweden).

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  4. PiCcolocV

PiCcolocV Well-Known Member

Owning a havana blazer (and liking it) I would just note I find them hard to wear with ties due to the button stance, much better as a tie-less blazer. I would snap that in an instant if it werent for the button placement.

5. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Well-Known Member

Cross-post from the WAYWRN thread. My new La Spalla in Cerutti 95/5 fabric.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Close-up to show the subtle pattern in the fabric:

[​IMG]

I'm a bit concerned about the right shoulder - seems poorly executed, especially compared with the other side:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not so noticeable IRL, but still... Is this an acceptable idiosyncracy for a spalla camicia shoulder, or should I take it back to SS for re-attachment?

6. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Well-Known Member

Twinsies!

[​IMG]

Apologies for the poor quality picture - took a quick morning selfie. Same suit.

7. Keal19

Keal19 Well-Known Member

Thought I'd post here as its a captive audience. I'm looking to add a couple more suit supply suits to my collection - Havana and washington fits, but I'm not overly impressed with the new collection. If anyone is holding off / thinking of selling anything in a 38R then shoot me a PM.

8. jtorres94

jtorres94 Well-Known Member

Looks really good.

9. jtorres94

jtorres94 Well-Known Member

from the
    From the front it looks like it fits pretty well but it is hard to tell from this picture alone. It definitely is slim which causes the "X" but that is also a style choice that you either like or dislike. Some members on here say there shouldn't be any "x" but I don't understand why they say that and then buy a suit from Suit Supply which is a company that obviously follows that trend (as you can see by their models). Of course if you don't like an "x" I respect that, but as long as you don't try buying a suit too small or uncomfortable and as long as you are not too overweight, then it can look good.

10. Osse

Osse Active Member

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
    3 people like this.
  11. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Well-Known Member

My Soho as a suit:

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing, any chance of some more pics? Is it yellowish like on the website or more orange/brown in real life like the pic above?

13. Osse

Osse Active Member

The pic tells 80% of the story, it might be a little more yellow IRL but not much. Good color anyhow and I enjoy it. Could try to grab a few more pics in the days.

14. Baked Potato

Baked Potato Well-Known Member

Do you guys know if it's possible to contact SS customer service and ask for an out-of-stock jacket to be sent directly from one of their stores? As I said before, we don't have any SS stores here in Stockholm. Therefore, my only possibility is to have it sent directly to me.

I really want that tweed jacket, so I hope there's still a chance...

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  15. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Well-Known Member

^ Yes, they will do stuff like that - as long as it's in stock somewhere in the world.

It would help to be able to quote them the exact model number (always listed on the website).

If, however, the item you want is not listed in their online store, you may be out of luck.

16. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Well-Known Member

Call any store where you can speak their language and they may be able to ship it to you at home.

17. Bellohizzle

Bellohizzle Member

Hi guys!

Long time lurker here that needs your help. I´m just about to pull the trigger on the SuSu "Navy overcoat". But I have some questions regarding the size. I´m a size 50 in a Napoli suit. Should i order a size 52 coat or are they ok to order the same size as my suit size?

Please help! :)

18. Epicurus

Epicurus Member

Every Suitsupply overcoat I tried on was made to fit over a suit jacket of the same size. Therefore, I would recommend that you stay with the size 50. It's possible, however, that others here have more insight than I do on particular fits.

19. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Well-Known Member

They have a lovely blue cashmere overcoat that would be killer - my only concern is the sleeve length. I'm a 24 (38S) and they only do 48 (38R). Choices choices.

20. TM79

TM79 Well-Known Member

I tried on the brown wool cashmere one in-store (the website pics do it no justice, by the way) and what fit me best was using the same size as my jacket, not sizing up.

Competent makers of overcoats consider you'd be wearing it over a suit or jacket and so sizing up is usually not required.