1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Seattle206

Seattle206 Member

Well said! Thank you for your advice through this whole process!

2. Jeroen Vriend

Jeroen Vriend Well-Known Member

Does anybody know what suit/jacket fit this is? [​IMG]

3. patliean1

patliean1 Well-Known Member

Looks like either Lazio or La Spalla.

4. GasparddeColigny

GasparddeColigny Well-Known Member

5. silvermist99

silvermist99 New Member

I'm going to SS store in Toronto tomorrow. Totally noob & new to the suit scene and have no idea what I'm doing.

my body built is as follows: athletic build, 40-41 chest, waist is measured in at almost 32 but most 30" store bought pants fit me best, 6'0 175lb 12%~ body fat. Will any of their line work on my body built? I like to wear things slim. Any suggestion on what to try on or don't bother and just go m2m?

I read some pages earlier that some cut work on muscular gym guys here but my waist is much smaller than their's.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  6. V1KTA222

V1KTA222 Well-Known Member

If I had a store to go to, I'd try on everything in my price range and see how each cut accentuates or detracts from my body type.

You might want to start with the Napoli, though. Seems to be fuller in the shoulders and chest, but trimmer in the waist and legs.

7. jbarwick

jbarwick Well-Known Member

I agree with the Napoli with your dimensions. Seems like a 38R or 38L would be your best bet. Other fits will vary from that but it will be nice to try them on in store. Also look at the last ~10 pages and the comments on fits so you don't come out with an ill-fitting suit/jacket.

8. GasparddeColigny

GasparddeColigny Well-Known Member

You're slightly heavier than I am, similar build, should work. You Probably want to stay away from suits with strong shoulders like the Washington, but rather go with a lighter, natural shoulder.

9. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Well-Known Member

Anyone have a date for when the rest of the F/W 14/15 items will be available?

10. steffenbp11

steffenbp11 Well-Known Member

I am interested in this as well. On a side note, I have said some unfavourable things about Suitsupply shirts earlier in this thread. I would like to take the back. They are just as good value as their suits Imo. I have several very pricy Barba shirts - all have lost buttons or come apart in different places ( or shrinked a whole size) . My S/S shirts on the other hand are holding up just fine. Not the same amount of hand finishing and the like, but they get the job done. I think I have come to the conclusion that I would much rather spend my money on shoes and suits than on shirts...

11. Celadon

Celadon Well-Known Member

12. MacGuffen

MacGuffen Well-Known Member

When my tailor shortened the sleeves 1,5 cm from the shoulders, it seems he made the right shoulder roped when he sew it back together. Is there some technical reason for this, or did he just screw up? It's the Havana Navy Plain, so the jacket had a natural shoulder when I bought it.

Right (roped):
    [​IMG]

Left (correct):
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  13. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Well-Known Member

Just guessing here, is your right shoulder more full or developed than the left? May be tailor thought that you need more room around right shoulder. Or this could be mistake entirely made by your tailor.

14. Miklas

Miklas Member

I agree with you on the shirts. Earlier I´ve bought a white suit-up line shirt and was very un-impressed by the collar and fabric in general. Not long ago I bought their base line shirt just to test it and I´m really impressed. The fabric is good and the collar is amazing. The only downside is the quite boring plastic buttons.

15. MacGuffen

MacGuffen Well-Known Member

Not really. And I doubt he'd notice anyway. It's a real shame, the smooth, round shoulders were one of the nicest things about the Havana. Now my jacket looks like this:
    [​IMG]

16. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Well-Known Member

I think the rest of the F/W 14 items should be available from this Friday. If not, could be up until the end of August.

Suitsupply doesn't seem to stick to one date for these kind of things, and to be honest, releasing their F/W 14 stuff so late might cost them significantly, as many other stores already have their full collections available.

17. theprorules

theprorules Member

How do you know that they will come out tomorrow?

18. citizenshame

citizenshame Well-Known Member

Flannel glen plaid in the Lazio fit. Not sure if a 40R is too short for me, though. Thoughts?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  19. zengy

zengy Well-Known Member

Can anyone compare La Spalla/Jort to the Lazio fit (chest and waist)? Based on the measurements, Lazio should be more loose, but it doesn't seem to be the case when searching the forum. Thanks in advance.

20. kasakka

kasakka Well-Known Member

Looks good to me. A rare case where the buttoning point of SS jackets looks fine.