1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. nathan

nathan Well-Known Member

I know this was posted earlier in this thread by someone else, but thought I'd post again because it may be helpful.

I contacted Suitsupply directly for measurements for the 38S in the Napoli cut. Here's what they provided.

Waist: 39.0"
    Sleeve: 32.8"
    Chest: 42.7"
    Shoulder: 18.6"
    Length (BOC): 29.5"

Hem: 7.9"
    Front rise: 8.6"
    Waist: 35.0"
    Inseam: 31.6"

Based on the measurements, the Napoli in 38S seems to fit huge (43" chest and 35" waist!). Too bad they don't offer a 36S.

2. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Well-Known Member

the collar gaps a bit, but that could be due to the angle of your torso

3. chocsosa

chocsosa Well-Known Member

I think that's the measurement for a 42, not a 38... just checked the measurements on their website..

4. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Well-Known Member

You've got to try them on and see what fits. For example, I took a look at the measurements e-mailed to me regarding the Sienna and Napoli and realized that the 44L Sienna has almost the same measurements as the 42L Napoli.

5. jaymac10

jaymac10 Active Member

Here are my two finished suits. I am NOT looking for your opinions, just two pictures for reference on the two styles...

Sienna 42R
    [​IMG]

Napoli 42R
    [​IMG]

Cheers,

Jay

6. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Well-Known Member

JayMac10: The Napoli looks good. One unsolicited suggestion is to see how the Sienna in a 44R fits. The measurements Suit Supply e-mailed me for the 44L Sienna and the 42L Napoli were almost the same.

7. kulata

kulata Well-Known Member

@jay both jackets fit very well. Care to share the measurements for the 42r? I don't trust what they have on their site

8. ItSuit

ItSuit Active Member

I feel the pants are little long.

9. jaymac10

jaymac10 Active Member

Might look that way from the pictures, but they are not :D

10. WhyAlwaysMe

WhyAlwaysMe Well-Known Member

Here are 2 new jackets from Suitsupply. They are both RTW with no alterations made.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2 people like this.
  11. chocsosa

chocsosa Well-Known Member

I just wish they would fix the dang sleeves.. I always have pitch issues with them on the front.. and its never both sleeves, its always the left arm that I have issues with.. apart from that its worked out awesome... way slimmer than my Canali and just slim as my Zegna's.. except the two Milano's that I have that have higher armholes and a tad slimmer shoulders..

12. Dwarfer

Dwarfer Active Member

Hi - thanks and very nice. What model and sizes are these?

13. razl

razl Well-Known Member

+1 - please share details!

14. Citan1145

Citan1145 Well-Known Member

I get that they aren't too long if you like the full break look but the slim jackets kind of look odd with the big break on the pants. They do look too long and most people on here would tell you that but I would argue it is somewhat of a personal preference.

You look in very good shape and I agree these jackets look good on you but I think they would both look better in a size up. The pinching at the waist would look alot better if you had a shaped waist and no stress at the buttoning point. While some may think this look implies you have a nice body and can wear things tight, I think it just looks like you are wearing a size too small and are bursting out :( I learned this for myself and you will like the jackets more in the long run if you had more room.

1 person likes this.
  15. Dwarfer

Dwarfer Active Member

Not to stir up any argument - but just offering my thoughts:

1) Just wanted to point out that the Napoli seems to have a bit of a rope shoulder in it - for someone in your build I think that might be a bit too much generally they look a bit better in guys with smaller and much thinner build
    2) I know you like the pants length, but I do feel it's too long as well. Right now it is visually disrupting the length of your leg, giving the impression that you are a bit shorter than you are
    3) I don't believe there is a need to size up - the shoulder is sitting just right bit he size up it will be too big for him. Just my thoughts.

16. Dwarfer

Dwarfer Active Member

Well ya it helps too when WhyAlwaysMe seems to have one of those model bodies that looks good in anything :p

17. WhyAlwaysMe

I definitely don't have a body that looks good in anything.
    I have never found an RTW shirt with long enough sleeves for example, or pants that fit my waist and the length of my legs...

Details on the jackets:
    Grey one:
    -Fall 2012 collection
    -Model: Italia
    -Wool/Cashmere
    -Size: 38R
    -Alterations: none

Blue one:
    -Fall 2012 collection
    -Model: Washington
    -Wool by Angelico (it)
    -Size: 38R
    -Alterations: none

18. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Well-Known Member

How soft is the grey jacket? It's pretty nice!

Any details on your height/weight. I bought a 38S in the Lazio cut which I think fits pretty nicely, just waiting on a 36R to compare. Will post pictures as well.

I'm hardly a representation of fitness. Just short and slightly overweight!

19. WhyAlwaysMe

The grey one is not that soft, not much cashmere in it, maybe 10% max.
    I'm 6 ft 2 and weigh 187lbs.

20. Fraiche

Fraiche Well-Known Member

Anyone have any feedback on their standalone trousers?