1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Well-Known Member

the jackets are very similar in key fit points to havana. the pants are similar to sienna... if anything, it might be a *smidgen* smaller in diameter in thigh and seat. would need to sit down and lay one atop the other to be sure.

for the color, or for the fit? on my mac air laptop the color is very very true to life.

one thig that irks me about linen - not this one in specific but perhaps pure linen jacket in general - is that no matter how careful i am when seated, eventually the rear jacket esp around the vents will get folded. of course linen keeps the crease and does not bounce back like their cotton or wool counterpart....

2. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Considering trying a MTM odd jacket under the Suit Up program. It looks like costs start at $459 and unless you pick a fabric with a premium that seems like very reasonable up charge to be able pick the details you want. Not even sure I would have to worry much about them nailing the fit. The Havana works well for me, so I was thinking to have them mimic it with a few changes then have it made in the fabric I want with details like 3rl2 and slightly wider lapels.

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  3. hookem12387

hookem12387 Well-Known Member

And it would then be fully canvassed instead of half. I've thought about this, too, since the Havana fits me pretty perfectly OTR

2 people like this.
  4. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Yeah, the more I consider it the more it seems like a good idea. I'm sure they could still end up messing up the fit, but having them base it off a standard model seems like they should be able to get it right. Turn around time seems reasonable too. 6 weeks max.

5. Baked Potato

Baked Potato Well-Known Member

Yes, it's the color I was worried about.

This would actually be my first piece of SS clothing. I also saw the new plain blue Havana jacket in pure wool. Which one would you guys recommend as a summer jacket? I'm worried that the full wool one would get too hot, as I'm pretty sensetive to heat.

6. Ebichuman

Ebichuman Well-Known Member

So far all of the Havana jackets I have seen were only partially lined. That keeps them nice and cool, far cooler than for example fully lined linen, in my opinion.

7. ammanati

ammanati Well-Known Member

Agreed! The Havana jacket is very light. I also got the Soho linen jacket from last years collection but to be honest it is not very summer like jacket. Havana is much better in this case.
    Although the best one is the 100% linen unlined jacket. Here is link to some more photos: http://blueloafers.com/outfits/linen-time/
    Photo:
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Well-Known Member

The plain blue wool Havana is really good for summer, it is half lined (like all Havanas, afaik) and the fabric is like Fresco (open weave, also doesn't wrinkle easily)!

9. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Well-Known Member

Sorry for spamming the thread with sales, but I've already been able to make two subscribers happy with good deals. I'm moving up one size, so unfortunately have to sell most of my old stuff.

Sienna in 40R, bought last year and still like new. Very dark brown EThomas S130s. Original price £469, yours for £229.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Washington 40R. Linen windowpane, seriously awesome summer suit. Probably the least wrinkly linen suit I own. Bought last year, still like new, yours for £199.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. SuitsHarvey

SuitsHarvey Member

11. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  12. mmmtttt

mmmtttt Well-Known Member

13. mothon

mothon Well-Known Member

Pretty good list. I would say olive green and brown.

14. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Well-Known Member

Thanks broskis. I'm 5'7" nfi what weight, probably 75kg, and I take a 38S. Always appreciate another data point ;)

Awesome, cheers for the info. Looks like the Jort will be a good buy then!

15. Andolin

Andolin Well-Known Member

I'm worried about the fit of my suit jacket. I got fitted in one of the Suitsupply shops by one of their salesmen and then ordered the model online, but the salesman was quite poor and I'm unsure of the fit now…especially sleeve length. Can someone give their opinion? The shirt sleeve I'm wearing is definitely too long, but due to a series of unfortunate events, I'm only left with a handful of shirts…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry about the picture quality

16. ammanati

ammanati Well-Known Member

It does look like it fits very well. Can't see anything wrong with the total length of the jacket or sleeves

17. othertravel

othertravel Well-Known Member

Looks great. Just hem the pants.

18. NefariousSabatour

NefariousSabatour Well-Known Member

yeah that looks pretty good.

if your sleeves were right when you had your arms stretched out, they'd be way too long at a rest.

19. Andolin

Andolin Well-Known Member

Ok thanks everyone!

20. MacGuffen

MacGuffen Well-Known Member

Anyone have real-life pictures (or pictures of models) with these sunglasses, SG005?

[​IMG]