1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. mistavo

mistavo New Member

After hearing so much rave reviews about suitsupply, I've decided to pull the plug and order my suit from there. Since i'm a slim cut guy (5'9, 30" waist) I choose to go with 36S Lazio Light Grey Suit from the Purple Line.

[​IMG]

Out of the box, this suit fit me like a GLOVE. The only thing I need to get tailored is the pants. I'm getting it shorten, add cuff and braces buttons. I will post up some pics once I get it back from my tailor. In the end, I'm truly impressed with suitsupply quality as well as the fit.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  2. timotune

timotune Well-Known Member

in my experiece, Havana ranks among the slimmest cuts...

3. MMoon24

MMoon24 Well-Known Member

Sorry that I grew up in an environment (that I prefer) where modesty is taken to heart.

4. sdotc

sdotc Member

Fine line between modesty and prudishness.

But honestly, if you find breasts and hyper-sexualized imagery offensive, maybe the fashion world isn't a great place to be. SuitSupply certainly isn't blazing any trails here. I could pull up similar ad campaigns from dozens of companies going back to the 70s, many which are way more over the top than anything they've done. Hell even Abercrombie & Fitch did this when I was in college, and that's as bland and lame a brand as any.

On topic: I don't have a Suit Supply near by, but I'm planning on visiting the Vegas store next time I'm in town. I have ordered a few suits from SS online and loved them, so I know the fit. I'm wondering if the stores carry any more inventory than the website? Different colors, fabrics, etc. or is the online inventory the same as the store inventory?

5. jayw

jayw Well-Known Member

From what I've heard, the stores carry less then the website.

6. yoose

yoose Well-Known Member

the answer was given by one of their employees during the reddit AMA and he of course didn’t list all of their cuts. I havent tried all of their cuts, but among the ones he listed the havana is fuller than the washington, lazio and la spalla, at least to me.

1 person likes this.
  7. MMoon24

Really don't have time to debate the merits of this, but I'm going to leave it at this. If you think "breasts and hyper-sexualized imagery" is all there is to fashion, then you need to get outside your circle more often. Because I've seen many men and women who find ways to dress modestly, yet find ways to look sharp, appealing, fashionable, etc.

And yes, that's why the one time I walked into A&F was the last time. That place is disgusting.

8. sdotc

sdotc Member

Am I nuts or is that not at all what I said?

9. TM79

TM79 Well-Known Member

We're talking about the ads here which means people are talking about them elsewhere which means the advertising firm behind the campaign achieved what it wanted.

Carry on!

3 people like this.
  10. MMoon24

Double post

11. MMoon24

You were insinuating that, yes. Perhaps you should consider how you phrase your thoughts?

12. Omar1223

Omar1223 Well-Known Member

can we get back to discussing suit supply suits?

13. besteverme

besteverme Member

has anyone ordered the blue tuxedo and have pics?

14. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Well-Known Member

@MMoon24 - Tom Ford suits start at about $5k. That means he has singled out a very exclusive, wealthy clientele. Google "Tom Ford advertisement" and report back what you find.

I would say the Havana is a little roomier than the Washington, but slimmer than a Lazio. I was just staring at my Havana jacket on Friday, the shoulders are definitely narrower. For me, I have to do a little tailoring through the body on a Napoli, but not on a Lazio or Havana.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
    2 people like this.
  15. TheTukker

TheTukker Well-Known Member

Allow me:

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  16. GradSchooler

GradSchooler Well-Known Member

^^^ Nothing sexualized about that.

1 person likes this.
  17. ScottMC

ScottMC Well-Known Member

Announcement: Havana Navy Plain Jacket Size 38L for sale. Excellent condition. Asking $225 shipped. Full listing HERE
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  18. Veremund

Veremund Well-Known Member

I suddenly have a hankering for some TF aftershave.

19. Aulis

Aulis Member

Hello,

just ordered my first suit from SuitSupply online store (bought one some time ago from Roermond). Very happy with the process, the suit reached the office in the promised two business days. The fit was what I expected, the pants need some tailoring.

The suit is a navy 46 Napoli and I am 172cm/68kg with some muscles from the gym.

20. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Well-Known Member

i hope you don't skip leg days ...
    because the napoli fits great up top but i can't wear the pants because of they are too tight for my legs
    not sure if they can be let out enough to fit my quads