1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. TRINI

TRINI Well-Known Member

2. faribeana88

faribeana88 Well-Known Member

just checked my email all, the US Site now has the preorder section open!!! There are some nice things there [​IMG]

3. puckbw11

puckbw11 Well-Known Member

My latest. I usually am a. 38r but sized down. Still not sure if it was the right call .

[​IMG]

4. simple80t

simple80t Active Member

Why aren't you sure?

If you're going for a slim fit, it looks fine. If you don't like the slight pull at the top button then you might want to either size up or get your tailor to let it out a little.

5. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member

Yup, with you on that... I just broke down & ordered it. I did initialy like a couple of other items, esp. the York & Madison suits... but looking at some of their measurements/style details, I don't think they'll be ideal for me*, and there wasn't much else I like. I also finally decided to get a grey Soho from last year's S/S collection that I've been thinking about for far too long; if I decide I don't like it IRL, I'll just return that one. Now to sell a couple of things to partly fund those buys and create some wardrobe space! [​IMG]

*not that it's easy to figure out the measurements as several of their online tables currently seem a bit screwed up.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  6. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Well-Known Member

that looks like an amazing fit to me, sharp lookin suit-- only very minor tailoring needed. I think if you size up, gonna look boxy and too big.

7. MMoon24

MMoon24 Well-Known Member

Couple of things noticed...

1. I noticed that their sizing chart has gone bonkers. A 40L Napoli recommends a 25.6 inches for sleeves? 19.9 inches for shoulders? When I previously purchased my 40L Napolis, they measured in at 35.5 inches for sleeves and 19 inches for shoulders. The Lazio shows the same thing in regards to sleeve length.

2. For whatever reason, they decided to remove this suit from their current lineup and put it up for pre-order. I already own this suit, which makes it even weirder.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  8. watch37

watch37 Member

I ordered a London and had extra material to let the waist out. But I had only little extra material to let out the seat. So if your seat is tight make sure you let your tailor check it out before you remove the tags.

9. EEWithoutStyle

EEWithoutStyle Well-Known Member

I noticed their sizing was jacked up a few days ago. Waiting on some call backs for job interviews so I can go out and purchase a suit. Might go this Saturday regardless to the Chicago store, we'll see.

10. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

A wool Lazio with a SS tie and pocket square.

2 people like this.
  11. steffenbp11

steffenbp11 Well-Known Member

Very elegant cp. You wear the suitsupply stuff very well. You must be pleased that their tie selection includes stripes :)

12. Clipper

Clipper Member

Hey guys, I've been following this thread for quit a bit and ended up getting a Napoli. This is the first decent suit I've owned and I wanted to get some feedback to make sure it is the right fit and worth keeping.

I plan on getting the sleeves lengthened. I've also noticed that there may be something wrong with the way the pants fall below the crotch area, not sure if that can be tailored or if any other adjustments are needed.

Thanks in advance !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. 7_rocket

7_rocket Well-Known Member

I"m curious to try on their suits. Will check em out when they arrive.

14. atoms

atoms Well-Known Member

Clipper, are you wearing a short or regular? If so, try a regular and/or long. Not sure how well the rest is fitting but it doesn't seem the most flattering cut for you (could be the camera angle).

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  15. Clipper

Clipper Member

Gotcha. This one is a short. The guy at the store had said this one fits better than the reg, but perhaps I should go back and check it out. Do you think the Napoli in general isn't good for my body type?

16. mothon

mothon Well-Known Member

It looks short and boxy to me.

17. sebastianwr

sebastianwr Member

I am looking for a versatile summer jacket and pants and saw this Havana linen suit on pre-order. Do you think it can be split up when I feel like doing so? The jacket configuration is pretty casual (patch pockets, soft shoulders), so I don't see a problem there, do you?

[​IMG]

18. EEWithoutStyle

EEWithoutStyle Well-Known Member

19. sebastianwr

sebastianwr Member

20. MMoon24

MMoon24 Well-Known Member

I'd go with either these two. Darker is more conservative and appropriate for interviews. It says grey, but I'd call it charcoal. Fun color to wear IMO for formal events.

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/sienna-grey-bird%27s-eye/P2444I.html

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/sienna-grey-plain/P3460I.html