1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. blue2007

blue2007 Well-Known Member

2. jimanchower

jimanchower Well-Known Member

I needed a new white dress shirt so I picked up this one. I'm usually a 16/34 but the listed sleeve length of a 15.75 or 16 was way too short for me, so I ordered a 15.75L. When I got it the sleeves were comically long. I measured them at about 2.5" over what the listed length was. I exchanged for a 15.75 (regular) and the fit is spot on. Neck, sleeves, chest, body... it looks like it's a MTM shirt. Very pleased.

I don't have the most critical eye and as you said the pictures aren't great, but they both look very good to me. The Napoli appears to have a more dramatic taper from the shoulders to the waist but I may actually prefer the Lazio based on those two pictures.

Standard shipping is out of NJ via UPS Ground so it varies, but typically items ship within 1-2 business days. I believe you can arrange for a UPS pickup via the website but I've never done this as UPS comes to my house at least 3x/week anyway.

Returns are one thing that SuSu does really well. They include a shipping label with your order and they provide a way to arrange a pickup.

3. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Well-Known Member

Well, just for kicks, I bought this bold navy flannel DB with beige chalkstripe, picked it up today. The fact that they have a 5 day tailoring turnaround is, well, insane. I think the trousers could use a little work, and I would prefer if the buttoning stance on the jacket were maybe 1/2" lower, but at this price point, I think it's pretty impressive. I may go back for more.

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  4. NefariousSabatour

NefariousSabatour Well-Known Member

5. TC (Houston)

Sorry I left out the most important detail! :) It's the Soho.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  6. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Well-Known Member

Sorry I missed you TC I just swung by there after work today. Saw a beautiful blue line Napoli in the $399 range but didn't have it in my size, hence my question about ordering and shipping.

7. TC (Houston)

Oh wow what a coincidence! I swung by during lunch. Why don't you ask your sales rep to ship one in to the store. That's probably the fastest and they would be happy to make the sale if it works out for you, and if not no hassle for you. Let's meet up sometime shoot me a pm.

8. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Well-Known Member

Took a quick look at the S/S 14 releases on the EU website. Overall I wasn't too impressed tho I like this jacket.

[​IMG]

9. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Well-Known Member

10. PaisleySnail

PaisleySnail Well-Known Member

I just received two Suitsupply suits in the mail (London and Napoli). While both jackets are excellent, I am finding the pants to be a little tight in the waist and seat. Does anyone have any experience with letting out Suitsupply pants in the waist and seat? Is there enough material?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

11. sebastianwr

sebastianwr Member

Yes, I have one pant let out quite a lot. They usually have enough material to make alterations.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  12. bbhues

bbhues Well-Known Member

Me too. I've had a least an inch let out in the waist.

13. TheTukker

TheTukker Well-Known Member

14. NickInTO

NickInTO Well-Known Member

For any interested Toronto parties - the SS opens on February 20th, and there will be some kind of Grand Opening event.

15. besteverme

besteverme Member

does anyone know if there are plans to open a store in LA?

16. othertravel

othertravel Well-Known Member

They picked a bad time. Currency starting to sink, which might mean 10-15% higher prices. They should have come last year!

17. RogerP

RogerP Well-Known Member

Quote:Where will they be located?

18. NickInTO

NickInTO Well-Known Member

19. TRINI

TRINI Well-Known Member

Hazelton lanes...old Sotheby's location.

20. RogerP

RogerP Well-Known Member

Thanks Nick and Trini.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014