• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

garsag

Reaction score
How is Suitsupply's shirt quality?

Last edited:

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received my Washington blazer in the mail and it fits me well. The length is perfect. The sleeves are a little tights( i have good size biceps
smile.gif
),which i can work around . I plan on only having the sleeves shorten to show a little cuff .The waist doesn't need to alterations.

Overall it's a great blazer and I would purchase from SuitSupply again.

thedose

Reaction score
no fit pics?

this thread needs less questions and more pics
foo.gif

Last edited:

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which models have soft/natural shoulders? The softer, the better.

I'm thinking about a Sevilla suit in navy.

gdhnsch

Reaction score
Here's a jacket I brought last week in the SS outlet in Roermond, NL. Price was 69€ ($92). It seems to be some kind of sample and I don't really know which line it belongs to.

It is a very heavy fabric, but I really like it.

13468701mh.jpg

katabatic

Reaction score
How is Suitsupply's shirt quality?

I have one SS shirt - their plain-front tuxedo shirt. It's nice enough - two ply, opaque, proper marcella front (although it takes 4 studs, not 3). It fits me better than most OTR shirts, but it's still too large through the body for me, and needs to be taken in, despite being their "Extra Slim Fit" cut.

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suit looks great, but the patch pockets and high button stance isn't what I'm looking for right now, unfortunately. Same with Roma

azumi

Reaction score
Roma or Havana. I own a navy Havana. No padding at all.. you cxan check my tumblr for pics
You have a bunch of nice suit of SuitSupply. But could you tell me what are your tweed, Prince of Wales and plaid jackets?
Thank you.

Last edited:

katabatic

Reaction score
The Sienna also has a soft shoulder, very minimal padding, and a lower button stance and slightly longer length. I have one that I like a lot, although I'm on the fence about the hacking pockets. If they made one with straight pockets it would be perfect.

timotune

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Sienna also has a soft shoulder, very minimal padding, and a lower button stance and slightly longer length. I have one that I like a lot, although I'm on the fence about the hacking pockets. If they made one with straight pockets it would be perfect. 

+ 1

Also, try La Spalla if you have the cash.

LankyNibs

Reaction score
Hello everyone; long-time lurker, first-time poster. I have been looking around for a suitable..err..suit for the last couple of weeks. I need a good all-around suit for occasional business meetings but also for out-of-the office events that may be significantly less formal/businessy, so something with a bit of a fashion-forward tilt, but not so much that it will look conspicuous in a meeting with a bunch of stodgy guys or look ridiculous in 3-5 years.

Unfortunately for me, I am a rather tough size to find a good off-the-rack fit. I'm 6'2" tall and weigh around 150 lbs, so I'm certified slim. The best off-the-rack fit I've experienced recently was the Brooks Brothers Fitzgerald in a 39L - perfect in the shoulders and length, a little roomy in the body (but not bad) and the collar would need a little work to lie flat against my shirt collar. I'm close to pulling the trigger because the fit is so good, but I just wanted to ask if there is anyone on this forum with a similar body type who has had good luck with any other lines of suits? I've checked out SuitSupply, but find there different fits to be bewildering to the point that I can tell which might work best with my body type and how well it might strike a balance between business conservative and fashion-forward.

As for budget, although I would love to explore the $1k+ market, I don't think I could swing it any time in the near future, so around $1000 would be toward the upper end of my budget.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or suggestions you might have.

azumi

Reaction score
As I see, you have many Suit Supply, so I think you are very pleased with them. Could you please post some full - body photos with the suit? Do you have any experience with their Washington model?
Thank you.

SrBrigante

Reaction score
dress shirts are really nicely done and cotton is amazing. Unfortunately not a good option for muscular guys
shog[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads