1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Suit For Sweaty Guy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Hobbs13, Mar 28, 2013.

1. NeedStyleHelp

NeedStyleHelp Well-Known Member

Does Uniqlo not ship to Canada? I really want to check out the airism shirts.

2. David Reeves

David Reeves Well-Known Member

Dormeuil are releasing a cloth that reacts to temperature, cooling down the wearer when it's hot and warming them up when it's cold. Should be very interesting as it will be a luxury cloth rather than a sports fabric, incorporating very leading edge nano tech. Dont have the book yet though.

3. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Well-Known Member

yeah, thats not going to work....

4. David Reeves

What do you mean? The cloth?

5. David Reeves

Oh right, yeah, $400, no nano tech there......

6. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Well-Known Member

Can someone please explain how wearing more clothing, e.g. undershirt, actually keeps you cooler and prevents sweating?

7. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Well-Known Member

It seems counter-intuitive but a close fitting tech fiber wicks away moisture better than cotton or nothing at all. This contributes to a type of cooling that I can't recall from high school science but similar to evaporation.

When Under Armour came out with their claims, I dismissed them as being akin to those of a snake oil salesman but .... I find that it their gear works as advertised. I don't know if the referenced Uniglo T's use similar technology as Under Armour or Nike Dri-Fit but I've worn some UA "tactical gear" (the logo is moved down to the bottom of the shirt) under white dress shirts to good effect.

101 down south today.