1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Suit For Prom - Advice Needed - [PICS INSIDE]

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by BuffaloWang, Dec 5, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Chase H

Chase H Well-Known Member

I'd tend to agree on the bow tie, which is why I'd still strongly recommend a jacket. That said, the four-in-hand is the only acceptable knot for a tie that skinny. It will look a bit asymmetrical; that's part of its charm.

2. jeff13007

jeff13007 Well-Known Member

Im kinda digging the second tie knot tbh well compared to the others. Thats a clip on bowtie isn't it? thats why you are getting the "waiter" look

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  3. BuffaloWang

BuffaloWang Well-Known Member

So windsor = too wide (though I could make it skinnier by cinching it)
    Bowtie = too waiter-y (this is the only bow tie I have, besides the teal one) Even then, I still think the tie looks better.
    Four in hand = best choice out of the three.