1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Suit alterations London

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by RogerChap, Nov 3, 2015.

1. RogerChap

RogerChap New Member

Looking for a good tailor in central London (not dry cleaners - had bad experience). I'm looking to get a couple of suits altered as they are quite baggy. Any recommendations will be much appreciated.

2. johncollett

johncollett New Member

Try Alterations Boutique www.alterationsboutique.co.uk, I've taken a lot of suits to them, had to have two fittings but the suits came out perfect. Definitely worth the money. Good luck.

3. Phillip Layton

Phillip Layton New Member

Great, I've also used Alterations Boutique for my wedding suit alterations. Their tailors are great but not as expensive as Savile Row.

Phillip

4. rossyl

rossyl Well-Known Member

Are there any recommendations for anyone other than Pinnas and Needles?

Preferably further East in the City? Or in North London?

Don't say Alterations Boutique, all the reviews are fake. Made by users with 1 post

5. Satmoche

Satmoche Well-Known Member

Try KS tailoring by Piccadilly. He did a fantastic job with some jackets

6. JohnnyMarr

JohnnyMarr Well-Known Member

I recently used May Tailoring on Essex Road (about 10 minute walk from Angel station) for a repair to the lining of a Hackett tweed jacket, and to have it taken in at the sides.

I was very happy with the work that they did, but please bear in mind that I have only used them once and it was on a jacket I wasn't too fussed about.

http://www.maytailoring.co.uk/

(The grammar isn't fantastic, but that doesn't bother me).

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  7. JohnBr

JohnBr Member

Hi,

I use Alterations Boutique. They are based in West London. Have taken a few suits to them and they have altered them really well.

There website is www.alterationsboutique.co.uk. 0207 724 4147.

Take a look

John

8. JohnnyMarr

JohnnyMarr Well-Known Member

Three recommendations for Alterations Boutique...how...odd.

[​IMG]