1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

suggestions for some nice casual pants?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by andyl, Jul 7, 2006.

1. andyl

andyl Well-Known Member

i'm looking for some nice casual pants because i'm getting sick of wearing jeans all the time...

any suggestions?

thanks.

2. Goblin

Goblin Well-Known Member

I like flat-front, streety cords. Can often find a decent pair in a thrift store for $5.

3. Joffrey

Joffrey Well-Known Member

I bought a pair of Abercrombie cords a few years ago that I still wear though I purchased them at a time when I thought I was a 32 waist (instead of a 29-30 waist) and their leg openings have suffered great damage since they are also too long for me.

Anyway Cords, and nice pair of tan trousers are a good start. YOucan move into White, Darker Brown, Grey later. Good brands JCrew and others if you look on the popular sites found on these boards (activeendeavors, stevenalan, shopjake, etc.)

4. digital_denim

digital_denim Well-Known Member

5. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Well-Known Member

Perhaps you could get linen or silk pants. Also, light-weight wool pants look and feel great.

6. DGP

DGP Well-Known Member

For summer, I think linen pants or some kind of cargo in a light weight ripstop material are good. For colder weather I mostly stick to jeans.

7. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Well-Known Member

Some might not consider twill jeans to be real jeans, but they're another alternative to denim. Also, you could try pants made from hemp.

8. PunctualAlex

PunctualAlex Well-Known Member

Two lower-cost alternatives are Producer pants from Express Men or Slim-fit chinos from H&M. The Producers are a little baggier and come in black and khaki and probably pinstripe, and they'll probably run you about $60 but I bet you can find them on sale.
    I got a pair of the H&M chinos for $25 and I love them, they have a really slim distinctive cut. However, they're currently out of commission because they shrank a half-inch in the wash and need to be let out. Also, for $25 you are not getting the best construction on earth, these pants will probably fall apart within a year of hard wear.