• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suggest a Nice Hotel & Restaurant in San Francisco

designprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife and I are considering staying at the Intercontinental Mark Hopkins Hotel (about $180 / night).
Nob Hill area.
Open to looking into other suggestions for a good place to stay and if any one can suggest a good restaurant or bakery i'd appreciate that as well. (Italian /Asian of particular interest)
Thnks
designprofessor

Esa

Reaction score
Check out Betelnut for a great Asian-fusion restaurant. Get the firecracker shrimp and the green beans. It's my favorite but there are many options in SF.

http://www.betelnutrestaurant.com

Also, I loved the Wayfare grille. I ate there twice in to days last week. Get a reservation at the chiefs table (it' really bar seating but you see the chiefs at work - good for two not more).

For hotel, I like the Grand Hyatt on Stockton personally. I haven't tried the Intercontinental Mark Hopkins Hotel.

Have a good trip - It's my favorite city in the US!

Bond111

Reaction score
Last May my Wife and I stayed at Parc 55 Wyndham Hotel and loved it. It was in a great location, and within walking distance of a lot of shopping places, food, you name it. It was also good b/c there was a Wal-greens about 2 blocks away, so you can stock up on reasonably priced bottled water(not the $6 bottles of Fiji that all hotels offer) and other common items. Trolly stop is half a block away or less. Westfield Shopping center is another block away from the trolly stop. I thought there was a whole foods(or something just like it, lots of fresh produce, and such) in the bottom section of the shopping center. Blue Bottle cafe is 5-7 minutes away as well. http://www.parc55hotel.com/#

We loved the whole look of the hotel, and the room was great. Plenty of space, nice size TV, great bathroom area and fixtures. We had to request a mini fridge to be put into the room, and paid a few bucks a day for the service. IMO well worth it to have cold water and other things to keep in there.

There is a restaurant across the street called Puccinni and Pinetti that we absolutely loved. Nice atmosphere, great food, and two things you must try is the Langunitas IPA they have on tap, and their Potato Pizza. It sounds kinda strange, but it was one of the best Pies we've had. They have a fire brick oven that they use, nice crispy thin crust on it. It was so good we had it the day we got there, and the night before we left.

I second what Esa said, easily our favorite place we have traveled so far. We were there a full week, and wanted to stay at least another week!!!

One last thing, when we stayed in San Juan, Puerto Rico for our honeymoon, we stayed @ the Intercontinental there, and we liked it a whole lot. So souds like your first choice is good, but we liked Parc 55 a bit more.

Hope my input helps!

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Places I enjoyed on my last trip to SFO:

Canteen
Benu
Wayfare Tavern
R&G
Sebo
Perbacco

For hotel, the Fairmont is the nicest I've been to, but it's not going to be easy to get it at $180/night

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mark hopkins at $180 is pretty sweet. that's one of the old-line hotels on top of nob hill. i usually stay at the adagio, down by union square.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try the R & G lounge for chinese; House for asian fusion; and North Beach for italian-any place there will be fun.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I stayed at the Clift a few weeks ago.

It almost made me forget that I was in SF. Almost.

lefty

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, snap!

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foodguy
mark hopkins at $180 is pretty sweet. that's one of the old-line hotels on top of nob hill. i usually stay at the adagio, down by union square.
That is a great price. I stayed there with my ex(
facepalm.gif
) once and paid $260/night

todaytourism

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Esa
Check out Betelnut for a great Asian-fusion restaurant. Get the firecracker shrimp and the green beans. It's my favorite but there are many options in SF.

http://www.betelnutrestaurant.com

Also, I loved the Wayfare grille. I ate there twice in to days last week. Get a reservation at the chiefs table (it' really bar seating but you see the chiefs at work - good for two not more).

For hotel, I like the Grand Hyatt on Stockton personally. I haven't tried the Intercontinental Mark Hopkins Hotel.

Have a good trip - It's my favorite city in the US!

This is a good suggestion for me...

My friend will be at that place too and she is looking for somewhere to stay and eat with...

I will share this too to her...thanks!!!

DC101

Reaction score
Have stayed at the Campton Place and the W. Also years ago the Sherman House which was fantastic but not sure if it's still there or not. Restaurant's? Swing a cat and you'll hit a great place! Wish I was you!

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't forget Slanted Door (uber-hip Vietnamese fusion) or the whole Ferry Building in general. The Neopolitan pizza connoisseurs like Pucinella and Delfina.

--Andre

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads