• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Subway and Public Transportation Etiquette - The People We Encounter

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Lunch hour, subway, the toddler on the lap of the lady sitting next to me just proceeded to steal my pocketsquare. I love children (no irony), but I am terrified of what wil happen to my wardrobe when I have some.

Regardless, the little guy just made my day.

div25sec9

Reaction score

Lunch hour, subway, the toddler on the lap of the lady sitting next to me just proceeded to steal my pocketsquare. I love children (no irony), but I am terrified of what wil happen to my wardrobe when I have some.

Regardless, the little guy just made my day.

Children are the death of nice clothes...name the bodily fluid and you'll get it on your clothes. Prepare for snot streaks on your pants about 2.5 feet high. My worst experience so far (new at this at only 16 months in) was my new pair of Raleigh raw selvedge denim; sitting there with our daughter in my lap. She puked all over them; a huge milky puke...

...on the positive note, their interest is great; they really like different textures and shiny objects. She loves poking at shiny buttons.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
interesting book you've got there, lady

Last edited:

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
It was his time to go.

A 31-year old Bronx man fell to his death this afternoon while defecating between subway cars on a moving number 6 train, cops said.

The man fell onto the tracks and was run over by the northbound train as it was leaving 125th Street station shortly after 4 pm, police said.

It gets weirder.

Around the same time on the opposite platform, a bloody and extremely battered man crawled up from the tracks — just as the northbound 5 train was pulling in — with a broken pelvis, severe buttocks injuries and cuts.

OJFC. Right before rush hour, thanks **** heads.

Varmant

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The problem is that all phones here make a very loud shutter sound that can't be disabled (to prevent just such an endeavor). iPads, however, do not. So perhaps I shall switch to that.

Now what would be really great is some security footage of me making the attempt, getting caught, and running away.

Samsung phones make no sound when snapping. ;)

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I think it is not proper public transportation etiquette to pose for the WAYWRN thread on the subway.

(the advertisement is in the subway station next to the rail ...they sort of got a subway within a subway thing going if you're into that)

Last edited:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics