1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Subway and Public Transportation Etiquette - The People We Encounter

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by patrickBOOTH, Nov 18, 2011.

1. gomestar

gomestar Well-Known Member

god damn it, now I have to hope that you fucking die. You're a great poster and SF will really miss you.

2. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

I hope that I don't die in a fire. Or falling onto the 3 train track as people apparently love to do.

3. deadly7

deadly7 Well-Known Member

If you're ever in a fire, just move the umbrella and the rain water will save you.

For that tip, you owe me a million dollars.

4. patrickBOOTH

Fuck you, I didn't ask for it.

5. Salad

Salad Well-Known Member

Last week I was on a train and truly forgot which train I was on. I realized this as I approached a transfer station and needed to know what train I was on so I could either transfer or stay on. I turned to the woman sitting next to me and asked, "sorry, do you know what train this is?" and she gave me a sideways smirk and said, "you really don't know what train you're on?", like it was some bad pickup line or I was trying to start a conversation. I replied yeah and that I wasn't sure if I needed to transfer or not. She told me what train I was on and I ended up getting off the train to transfer.
    I mean, really? She must have been one of those chicks that thinks she's way hotter than she is. The thought hadn't even entered my mind. Another reason to never speak to anyone on a train.

6. patrickBOOTH

You should have stabbed her to prove a point. Not sure what point, but yeah.

7. gomestar

if you did that on a rainy day, i don't think even hell would want to welcome you.

8. patrickBOOTH

Good to know! :)

9. patrickBOOTH

Today I was very nervous on the train. This hipster gets on at the same time as me, wearing a tee shirt, cut off jeans, piercings and such and he is holding a cup of coffee without the lid with the coffee swaying back and forth and him being careless about it and sipping once in a while. Every so often he would hold the cup on his teeth by the lip of the cup with the coffee still swaying about. I am thinking to myself, if the train jerks, or he drops this, or gets any of it on me I am going to knock this motherfucker out.

10. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

I am so happy to be the sole occupant of my vehicle to/from work.

11. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Well-Known Member

Does my driver count as an occupant?

12. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

Service staff never count for the 1%.

13. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Well-Known Member

I don't want to put on airs. I'm merely part of the 2%.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  14. patrickBOOTH

If I had a driver, I would probably hate on him as much as I do my fellow subway commuters. Just how I am wired. Like a dick.

15. gomestar

the only time it's nice having a driver in Manhattan is when it's 1 AM and you've knocked back a bunch. Else it's just traffic and pedestrians.

1 person likes this.
  16. gomestar

this needs to be added. Happened to me last night, 11 PM. Nearly empty train so I thought, "hey, I might as well sit down". I always sit next to one of the sides of the bench, never the middle. Next stop a dude gets on and stands in front of the door which is right next to me. Fuck me. The train air conditioning was blowind down from the ceiling above both of us effectively blowing his garlic-ness right into my face. He was asian. Somebody sat relatively close to me, so I couldn't scoot down and move, but the only alternative I had was to get up and walk towards the other side of the car (making me a Walker). I decided it had to be done, but right as I was about to move he got off (meaning he got on at one stop, and then got off at the very next stop).

17. deepitm

deepitm Well-Known Member

Not sure if it's on here already, but this thread should inspire someone to write about appropriate behavior in the office bathroom.

18. patrickBOOTH

19. E TF

E TF Well-Known Member

Everyone would have understood if you'd decided to knock him out preemptively.

20. gomestar