1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Subway and Public Transportation Etiquette - The People We Encounter

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by patrickBOOTH, Nov 18, 2011.

1. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Well-Known Member

Thread officially derailed...

2. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

but in Japan this does happen on the subway!

3. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

I am going to be adding these to our list:

The Noisemaker - This is the "too cool for school" asshole who has to exit through the service door when there is no reason to, setting off the alarm. Subway platforms are loud and cacophonous enough without some entitled prick throwing the door open and stomping away with their gay theme song playing in their ears.

The Booth Queue - These are the people that stand in a long line to talk to the MTA worker in the booth. I never have had to talk to this person in my life. What the fuck are these pricks doing? Are they too goo to use the automated machine to buy their tickets? Now I need to walk around this huge ass line of assholes, or plow through them to get down to the subway platform. You're all fuck and I hate you.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  4. blahman

blahman Well-Known Member

5. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Well-Known Member

FTFY

6. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Well-Known Member

You've never had to combine two or more Metrocards into one?

7. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Well-Known Member

have we mentioned the

loud music kids - so what, you can't afford an ipod? or maybe you just want to show off how loud your cell phone can play that fancy hip hop pop tune. I'm sure everyone on the subway car will enjoy it, so why not? oh and nobody is going to tell you to turn it off because naturally you're the center of the universe and you're with a group of 6 high-school female classmates, which nobody wants any ambush of attitude from.

8. patrickBOOTH

Dude this is already on the list. Do your homework.

9. patrickBOOTH

Just use both of them, and no I haven't. I just buy a monthly unlimited like normal people.

10. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

The Fish Eaters
    You know, the people who are prominent on and near Canal St, and also in Sunset Park and Bensonhurst. Usually have an Asian Language newspaper in a plastic bag, and a styrofoam container filled with some god awful smelling concoction that is made up of some sort of fish product, but generally looks like (and I guess smells like) what a mackeral might throw up after having a few too many. You also have, ironically the Chinese Food Eaters who are primarily Black or Latino teenagers, backpacks in hand, eating their General Tsao's Chicken. Sometimes these people are also middle aged slightly plump Black or Latino women coming to or from their job.

The Sick-os
    These are the real assholes, who enter a crowded train, sneezing and coughing into their hands, and then maneuvering throughout the car to presumably infect as many passengers as possible. This class knows no racial or ethnic background and can be anyone from an elderly Chinese man, or a young white banker. They are the biggest assholes, and may be part of a secret Al Quada plot yet discovered by the mass media, but well undr the supervision of the NYPD and homeland security. Thanks to their ethnic and geographic diversity, neither can predict when and where they will strike next, so no increased threat level.

11. patrickBOOTH

:laugh: I love it! Adding to list

12. deadly7

deadly7 Well-Known Member

Way to skip my awesome contributions on pages 1 and 2 :devil:

13. patrickBOOTH

1. It was not on page 1, or 2.
    2. Added.

14. deadly7

deadly7 Well-Known Member

How do you browse at less than 100posts/page? You must fix this.

15. patrickBOOTH

So yesterday I step onto the subway and I hear this voice from outside the train yell, "Hold that train!!!" I never hold it for anybody because they are dicks. See page one. But then this fucking Italian, guinea meatball (I can say this because I am a guinea) of a girl pulls the doors open and gets in and starts screaming, "WHEN I SAY HOLD THE DOOR YOU PEOPLE HOLD THE FUCKIN' DOOR. NEW YORK IS SO INCONSIDERATE, BRO!!!!!" Everybody just stares at her like she is a fucking retard, because she is. The hypocracy was insane. Then she is mumbling to herself and cursing that she couldn't untangle her headphones and complaining that Apple gave her cheap headphones with her phone. I really, really, really wanted to unleash my fury onto her. Good thing my ride is only about 10 minutes.

16. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Well-Known Member

Didn't realize you rode the SIR.

[​IMG]

17. patrickBOOTH

Funny thing is, I don't.

18. Fang66

Fang66 Well-Known Member

Haven't you cunts joined the 21st century yet?

19. patrickBOOTH

:confused:

20. patrickBOOTH

Had an interesting experience on the subway today. It was pouring out when I got on the train and everybody had an umbrella. I get on the train and this short guy wouldn't move over to let me hold the pole and I was very uncomfortable. He was holding his cane umbrella and he inches his head closer and closer to my chest. He is staring at my tie and lapels with his face almost pressed up against me and he is moving ihis head all around and then looking up at me and confused and googly-eyed. I am just looking at him all confused thinking to myself that he is a fucking weirdo. Then he starts sticking his face against this piece of paper this woman had out and then back at me and then I realized he is not holding an umbrella, he is holding one of those seeing-eye canes. He's not a weirdo he is just practically blind and confused by certain things he sees. Regardless, I stabbed him anyway.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012