1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Subcontractors

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by demo5, Oct 1, 2004.

1. A Harris

A Harris Well-Known Member

One thing to add about Cheshire Clothing - the men who now own the company are the same guys who managed the old one. So it's really the same exact company, the only difference is it is no longer owned by a giant conglomerate (thank goodness.)

2. ROI

ROI Well-Known Member

3. banksmiranda

banksmiranda Well-Known Member

Hield is a British woolen mill which now also has a clothing line sold at Saks.

4. Kaga

Kaga Well-Known Member

Ah so desu ka. My memory did not serve me completely correctly. Hield is affiliated with Cheshire Clothing, I forget exactly how. It is or was a fabric house and now offers some tailored clothing (not necessarily made by Chester Barrie). Hield is also sold at some Saks 5th Avenues. Frankly, it's not like the world needed another British shirtmaking line.

5. banksmiranda

banksmiranda Well-Known Member

Hield's primary business is in weaving fine suit fabrics. Hield is not a fabric merchant like Dormeuil, Scabal, H. Lesser, John G. Hardy or Harrisons of Edinburgh. Scabal owns the British weaver Bower & Roebuck, and John G. Hardy is part of the same group as the weaver Huddersfield Fine Worsteds. Hield, along with Moxon, is under Gamma Beta Holdings, which is controlled by the Chamsi-Pasha family. Only fairly recently did Hield enter the finished clothing business.

6. A Harris

A Harris Well-Known Member

Ah, Hield, that's the name I couldn't remember. Saw the suits at Saks, and they are indeed from Cheshire Clothing. Also, Cheshire is sold under the Connaught label at Carrol & Company.