• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stylish eye glasses

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bjornsen
But these Paul Smith frames also caught my eye: (sorry for the ****** camera phone pictures)
Are those Paul Smith or Paul Frank? Looks like a Paul Frank. I am almost 99.99% sure those are Paul Frank. I would go back and see it again if I were you.

bjornsen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityConnection
Are those Paul Smith or Paul Frank? Looks like a Paul Frank. I am almost 99.99% sure those are Paul Frank. I would go back and see it again if I were you.

You might very well be right. Are there any quality issues with Paul Frank?

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bjornsen
You might very well be right. Are there any quality issues with Paul Frank?

For the price you are paying, they are great product. Bang for the buck product. They are made in china but under strict control and supervision. I recently met the designer and founder of the Paul Frank line. He is a stand up guy and has a passion for what he does. The glasses are excellent for their price. Dont expect Cartier quality, but for the average pair, great stuff.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CityConnection you are a becoming quite an asset to this forum/thread, it's good to see someone who knows what they are talking about. I hope you keep it up
smile.gif
. In other related news, I've decided to skip on buying a new pair of glasses until I'm completely out of debt, credit cards are a *************.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
CityConnection you are a becoming quite an asset to this forum/thread, it's good to see someone who knows what they are talking about. I hope you keep it up
smile.gif

In other related news, I've decided to skip on buying a new pair of glasses until I'm completely out of debt, credit cards are a *************.

Trust me, I dont know much about style. Im here to learn. BUT eyewear is what I do for a living, its the only thing I do well. If you have questions about eyewear, hit me up with them. I'll answer to the best of my knowledge.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cazal used to be very edgy, its nice. I am selling a few pieces right now. BUT, these days there are so many different brands that are nice and good quality. It almost doesn't even matter where they are made, because quality control is key, when manufacturing.

I just saw Lindberg again for the season and there are TONS of colors and models. If you're looking at a Lindberg frame, ask a good optician and they will show you the catalog. It is impressive, you'd be surprised.

Johnathan

Reaction score
glassesm.jpg

Sorry for the crap quality of the pictures (I had to take screen caps from a movie), but does anybody know what frames these are? They're exactly what I want.

Johnathan

Reaction score
Yeah they are, but it's the shape that I really like. I'm planning on getting the Ray-Ban RX 5121, but I think I like the shape of these even more.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnathan
Yeah they are, but it's the shape that I really like. I'm planning on getting the Ray-Ban RX 5121, but I think I like the shape of these even more.

If you get the chance, try looking for a store with Kio Yamato and O&X. I just saw the new release today and they have some that are that style but more suitable for a small face. The quality is MUCH better, they are made in Japan with STRICT quality control. And I can almost guarantee that they will fit much more comfortably.

Johnathan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityConnection
If you get the chance, try looking for a store with Kio Yamato and O&X. I just saw the new release today and they have some that are that style but more suitable for a small face. The quality is MUCH better, they are made in Japan with STRICT quality control. And I can almost guarantee that they will fit much more comfortably.
I wish, but these are way outside of my price range, especially since I wear contacts most of the time anyway. Thank you very much, though.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnathan
I wish, but these are way outside of my price range, especially since I wear contacts most of the time anyway. Thank you very much, though.

What is your budget? I can help you pick a brand a bit more economical. O&X go for about 250 or so...

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
what are some mykita-esque frames (metal, minamalist, sleek), that a. don't cost as much, b. come bigger?

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
what are some mykita-esque frames (metal, minamalist, sleek), that a. don't cost as much, b. come bigger?

1. there are inexpensive "Mykita inspired" frames that are made in China, but not nearly as good quality.
2. Lindberg has a new line of metal frames that look like that.
3. Hugo Boss has a line called "Hugo". It still has screws and hinges but it has the big metal (thin) design.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads