1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Styleforummarket - Viberg x Styleforum MTO orders - the inaugural edition

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Aug 12, 2013.

Which of these boots would you be interested in purchasing in Styleforummarket's Viberg MTO program

Poll closed Aug 25, 2013.
  1. A) Standard Issue Black leather Service Boot

22 vote(s)
    28.2%
  2. B) Iced Mocha CXL Service boot[

28 vote(s)
    35.9%
  3. C) Black Calf "Excavated" Service Boot

20 vote(s)
    25.6%
  4. D) Tan Roughout Service Boot

19 vote(s)
    24.4%
  5. E) Two toned Whiskey Scotch Grain and Brown CXL Service boot

12 vote(s)
    15.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Simplicio

Simplicio Well-Known Member

I would like to order the chromexcel boots. I just can't decide about the size. My current plan is to go with my true UK = 8.5. My true US is 9.5 and my Barrie is 9D. Tru-balance is too wide for me.

This last appears to be quite long from the ball of the foot to the end of the toe. So my only real concern is whether the 8.5 will be too narrow or too tight across the top of the foot. I am counting on getting a little stretch from this leather. I'll probably send in a tracing, although it sounds as if even that can be misleading.

2. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Wow! That is incredible! Getting these boots at that price would be insane.

I know you previously mentioned there would be an incentive to all first four members to order a particular makeup as they ensure it gets made. Can you divulge what that incentive is? Or is it a chance of this incentive?

3. SLAB

SLAB Well-Known Member

great incentive! will be placing my order for the mocha boot later today

that said; I'm thinking about a service boot on the 2040 last for next time preferably in a dark brown leather (something like the smooth brown oil tan); something to kick ass and chew bubblegum

4. Finn666

Finn666 Well-Known Member

just had 5min. and thought about some make ups...check the viberg boots thread! :)

5. Finn666

just had 5min. and thought about some make ups...check the viberg boots thread! :)

6. SLAB

SLAB Well-Known Member

just ordered the iced mocha boots; how many people ordered this model already?
    cheers

7. Arizor

Arizor Well-Known Member

Enough for it to go ahead Slab, whilst I think us Black Service Boot advocates still need a few more…

8. Steel28

Steel28 Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to narrow my choice between ice mocha and black service boots.

9. Arizor

Arizor Well-Known Member

If it sways your choice, you can still be one of the first 4 to order black service boots, which qualifies you for the 'big incentive' Fok mentioned.

The first 4 spots have been filled for the ice mocha.

10. CHRK33

CHRK33 Well-Known Member

How are we looking for the cinnamon rough outs? We all set with 4?

Is there a way to check?

11. Mumbles

Mumbles New Member

been in lurk mode for a fair amount of time, but these viberg orders have lured me into making an account. i have a couple of comments about the orders:

1. what is different about the black service boot being ordered and the tateandyoko one? Is the leather the same (i'm not sure if black oil tan = black calf)?
    maybe posting what differs in the description from the actual picture posted would be helpful. I'm also a little intrigued by the horse butt leather from the pair
    on the viberg site, but i'm not really interested in the 2045 last.
    2. the incentives for orders seem a little obscure. it would be helpful to know all the incentives and if you qualify for one imo. i mean if i know that if i place
    my order at a given time i qualify for x, then i could weigh that in with my decision.

12. rydenfan

There is no way to check but Fok updates the thread quite regularly. Last I knew the iced mocha was the only confirmed makeup

13. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

There will be an additonal $25 off for the first 4 boots orders of any specific boot. This means that international orders also ship free, and that our prices (not even including the savings on free shipping) are lower than the prices at any other stockists for these first adaptors, including the prices at VIberg.com. This is only possible because of our unique community driven, participatory, approach.
    Let's focus on this right now, but that does sound extra cool.
    I just had a look. In the future, we will probably limit the number of options to 2-3, so we'll do the usual thing and narrow things down.
    so far, we have 7 orders for those. They are by far the most popular option.
    Indeed. This option still sits at 2 orders.
    An additional $25 savings on your final invoice. It's up to you.
    Our system unfortunately does not allow us to do this (this is some development I'd like to get going when we are more mature). However, right now, that make up sits at 3. One more. And you'll also get the incentive.
    1) I honestly do not know. I haven't looked at their boots. I just speced out ours. 2)$25 off the final invoice for the first 4 early adaptors. Hope that clarifies things a little more. Cheers, Fok.

14. rydenfan

Fok, that is awesome thanks! Really looking forward to this ongoing program

15. Finn666

so what are the final options one can chose going to be? (if you already know!)...

16. meso

meso Well-Known Member

baleeted, moved to main thread

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  17. Arizor

Arizor Well-Known Member

Looks pretty great to me Meso.

Thanks for the info Fok, good stuff

18. LA Guy

meso, that looks great, but let's keep the new proposals for the makeups in the main Viberg thread so that people don't get confused, until we conclude this round, at which time I can open up a thread for new suggestions.

Cheers,

Fok.

19. buzzlulu

buzzlulu Well-Known Member

With reference to D - the Cabourn boot:

Is it possible to have the boot distressed exactly like the Cabourn?

How different is the proposed cinnamon color from the original Cabourn color- the pictures I have seen are deceiving and not clear

Thanks
    Gregg

20. LA Guy

The cinnamon roughout is a warmer color that is slightly more towards the red part of the spectrum than the Cabourn boots (which are actually not tan, but copper rust). Color is exceptionally difficult to capture on film, but here is a picture of a boot in Cinnamon roughout from the Viberg blog:

[​IMG]

Unfortunately, we cannot get the same distressing, which would have resulted in a significant upcharge.