1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Styleforum members beware of ghulkhan

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by osho, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluemagic

bluemagic Well-Known Member

Jet = Ghulkan? Is there any evidence they are separate people?

2. TRINI

TRINI Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Unfortunately Holdfast's gif supremacy has been usurped.

3. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Well-Known Member

No way. Lacking in the full-on geek cred of Geordi rolling around in Engineering.

4. TRINI

TRINI Well-Known Member

No way. Lacking in the full-on geek cred of Geordi rolling around in Engineering.

Yes but the 'In before the Lock' rendered in the Indiana Jones font is what..err..sealed it for me.

5. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Well-Known Member

+15 super Geek points for spelling "Geordi" right.

Ka'plaa!!!

6. CharlesAlexander

CharlesAlexander Well-Known Member

7. HomerJ

HomerJ Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Honestly, the roll wasn't even necessary. He could've just walked briskly underneath it.

8. osho

osho Member

Reverse the charge through your bank. PayPal is not going to do squat if it is not ebay originated transaction. Not bought on Ebay=no insurance protection from PayPal.
    That's what I have done now, my credit card company is investigating my claim, and it could take up to 90 days.

9. A Canuker

A Canuker Well-Known Member

Honestly, the roll wasn't even necessary. He could've just walked briskly underneath it.

After watching it a few times I would have to agree that this seems a little staged [​IMG]

10. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Well-Known Member

I dont normally post till later in the evenings. Sometime im too busy to between school and work.

1. Person lives in Australia
    2. They bought some Gucci shoes from me in which I only asked them to add ten dollars to the shipping.
    3. I think it was 115-120 total?

USPS does not provide tracking for international shipments because USPS does not handle it the whole way.

In my opinion, having shipped things internationally sometimes takes a long time. Previous buyers from me soemtimes had to wait up 4 weeks to receive some packages.

So where does that leave me? I dont know if he received the package or not. He said he had not received it and asked me if he should file a claim through paypal. I told him that if he wanted to sure however I did send it to him and I would eventually give his money back if he does not receive it. (I would trust him that he is telling the truth)

Now that he did all this, it makes me change my mind...

I have not had a problem with any buyers on this site before.

And many people have trusted me with their money, even putting a direct deposit into my bank account. Not just Jet but a lot of others as well..

And yes Rach, the 120 dollars that I "scammed" from this guy was to fund thousands of dollars of other purchases.

Anyways, im out. Continue with your circle jerk

11. texas_jack

texas_jack Well-Known Member

12. Douglas

Douglas Well-Known Member

YAAAYYYYY! Ghulkhan has responded!

13. Siggy

Siggy Well-Known Member

Rather anti-climatic. [​IMG]

14. Douglas

Douglas Well-Known Member

I would just like to say that this thread was still worth it to me because being put in my place by Jet was, well, it was just such a humbling and special experience.

15. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Well-Known Member

And yes Rach, the 120 dollars that I "scammed" from this guy was to fund thousands of dollars of other purchases. Anyways, im out. Continue with your circle jerk
    You're the seller and if it's just $115-120, you should have long since refunded and called it a day. With your "bank," that's a drop in the bucket. He paid in August; it's November. Obviously the OP has been emailing/PMing a lot and worried about the whole thing and driving you up the wall, along with others as this is the fourth or fifth thread in which this issue has come up (given your non-response to his emails/PMs). After a coupla months, why not just refund the small amount at issue and be done with the whole thing? That's like, what... one sleeve of a Jil sweater? Others may say the whole thread is "anticlimatic," but it still seems to me that going out and doing a bunch of shopping and posting about that while having unresolved selling issues is pretty shitty, IMO. But, hey, others can decide for themselves. /end of thread for me. I'm just glad I got to speak Klingon a few posts up.

16. _AMD

_AMD Well-Known Member

I dont normally post till later in the evenings. Sometime im too busy to between school and work.

1. Person lives in Australia
    2. They bought some Gucci shoes from me in which I only asked them to add ten dollars to the shipping.
    3. I think it was 115-120 total?

USPS does not provide tracking for international shipments because USPS does not handle it the whole way.

In my opinion, having shipped things internationally sometimes takes a long time. Previous buyers from me soemtimes had to wait up 4 weeks to receive some packages.

So where does that leave me? I dont know if he received the package or not. He said he had not received it and asked me if he should file a claim through paypal. I told him that if he wanted to sure however I did send it to him and I would eventually give his money back if he does not receive it. (I would trust him that he is telling the truth)

Now that he did all this, it makes me change my mind...

I have not had a problem with any buyers on this site before.

And many people have trusted me with their money, even putting a direct deposit into my bank account. Not just Jet but a lot of others as well..

And yes Rach, the 120 dollars that I "scammed" from this guy was to fund thousands of dollars of other purchases.

Anyways, im out. Continue with your circle jerk

I guess maybe I'm not understanding your post (except the part where you brag about spending thousands of dollars on clothing recently). Are you suggesting that because the OP lives in Australia it is normal for the delivery to take two and a half months? You mention that in your experience it takes up to four weeks for delivery to Australia. Wouldn't that make you wonder why this particular delivery is taking two and a half months? If you knew that you couldn't track a USPS delivery to Australia, why wouldn't you choose a different shipper, even if it was only to cover your own ass? It just seems to me that you are giving the same excuse that every scammer gives, "Gee, I don't know what happened to your goods. I did send it though. Trust me. Don't worry, I'll refund your money if it NEVER shows up." What time period should the OP wait before deciding that the goods will never show up? Just enough time to be outside of any window for recourse?

Aaron

17. embowafa

embowafa Well-Known Member

This thread is the 'Cloverfield' of threads.

You can't wait to see the monster up close and once you do... [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member

I bow down in worship of amerikajinda's Indy gif. [​IMG]

Even if it apparently took him 3 attempts to get it to post right... [​IMG]

I had to do something to match your Batman reference, you nerd. [​IMG]

+15 super Geek points for spelling "Geordi" right.

Ka'plaa!!!

I say Klingon armour is going to be next year's big thing.

19. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Well-Known Member

I guess maybe I'm not understanding your post (except the part where you brag about spending thousands of dollars on clothing recently). Are you suggesting that because the OP lives in Australia it is normal for the delivery to take two and a half months? You mention that in your experience it takes up to four weeks for delivery to Australia. Wouldn't that make you wonder why this particular delivery is taking two and a half months? If you knew that you couldn't track a USPS delivery to Australia, why wouldn't you choose a different shipper, even if it was only to cover your own ass? It just seems to me that you are giving the same excuse that every scammer gives, "Gee, I don't know what happened to your goods. I did send it though. Trust me. Don't worry, I'll refund your money if it NEVER shows up." What time period should the OP wait before deciding that the goods will never show up? Just enough time to be outside of any window for recourse?

Aaron

yes usinig usps or fedex is def worth it when that would leave me probably with what? 10-20 dollars in the end?

20. X-It

X-It Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This thread just keeps getting better.

Yeah! [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.