1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Striped shirts??

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mike C., Mar 19, 2002.

1. Mike C.

Mike C. Well-Known Member

"What the *$%@ was i thinking..??"

2. RainCityClotheshound

RainCityClotheshound Well-Known Member

By candy stripeddo you mean thick pinstripes,or brightly colored pinstripes? Will you be wearing a tie and sportcoat with this shirt to go to dinner and the lounge,or wearing it open collared? Depending on the color of the pinstripes,you could coordinate a necktie with it,and frame it all nicely with a dark colored jacket and slacks.Or wear the shirt open-collared with a nice pair of jeans. Whether the shirt ends up in the "Lapses in Judgement" section in GQ later,remains to be seen. Have a good time [​IMG]

3. Steve B.

Steve B. Well-Known Member

No way it'll end up in lapses in judgment. If the colors aren't too loud, these are classic shirts. If they go out for a shrort while- store them. They'll come back like knit ties, and double-breasted suits. (Or three button there for a while I might add).

4. j

j Well-Known Member

Heh.. I keep my eye out for these. I like them, but all the ones I find are out of my $ range.

Speaking of knit ties - I just got 6 of them the other day. I'm bringing them back. You heard it here first. They are actually really classic; James Bond wore them (Connery) and they look great with a standup collar in a formal outfit. Get yourself some and be ahead of the crowd.

5. Timothy

Timothy Well-Known Member

As to the knit ties Prada has been pushing these for a short while now, plus some other companies. I dig them, the skinnier the better in my opinion.

6. Steve B.

Steve B. Well-Known Member

Ralph Lauren Purple Label also has a nice selection. I saw a kaleidoscopic display at a Neiman's in Palm Beach about 6 months ago.

7. The Devil's Hands

The Devil's Hands Well-Known Member

Speaking of knit ties - I just got 6 of them the other day. I'm bringing them back.

Congratulations, j; you were four years ahead of your time...those knit ties are everywhere now.

8. denning

denning Well-Known Member

Holy thread revival Batman.

9. Tomasso

Tomasso Well-Known Member

Speaking of knit ties - I just got 6 of them the other day. I'm bringing them back. You heard it here first. They are actually really classic

They never went out, in my book.

[​IMG]

10. tiecollector

tiecollector Well-Known Member

Where is a good place to get the wool or knit ties for a good price online? In the stores I have only really seen them at the Brooks Brothers outlet.

As for the shirts, dude just get em if they are in your price range and like em. Who cares about what is "in". Be yourself and set your own style. They will come back in style in a couple years anyways.

11. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

daaaaaaaaamn. What a bump. Possibly a record.

12. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Well-Known Member

MikeC dressed in American Jackass garb... classic. Trade in all that Polo goodness for a pair of Kenneth Cole and a stripey from EXPRESS

13. The Devil's Hands

For the record, this is what I think of when I think of striped shirts:

[​IMG]

14. The Devil's Hands

You can't do that...I'm not sure that's allowed.

15. Nick M

Nick M Well-Known Member

Hey guys Ive just heard about this new designer Kenneth Cool or something and hes doing really wild stuff with square toed shoes do you think theyll stand the test of time??!!