1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

STP shoe sale: 50% off retail, plus coupon

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by DNW, Aug 8, 2007.

1. DNW

DNW Well-Known Member

STP is having a 50% of retail sale for all of their shoes. Some great deals on Allen-Edmonds, among others. SF Link.

Use coupon code 56432 for 20% of $75 or more.

2. arenn

arenn Well-Known Member

That code has expired I believe. I want to buy even more shoes before that sale ends. Anyone have another code?

3. slide13

slide13 Well-Known Member

4. herrbra

herrbra Active Member

5. slide13

slide13 Well-Known Member

Never mind...got it to work now. Thanks!

6. romafan

romafan Well-Known Member

I starting to get a little gunshy re STP. 2 recent purchases (Testoni shoes & a D. Chu suit) have been disasters. Shoes plasticky & suit like coarse cardboard. A good deal ceases to be a good deal when you're sending everything back. $14 shipping + the $5 return label. I'm out $40 scoring these 'sweet deals'....[​IMG]

7. Dmax

Dmax Well-Known Member

Just appeared today at STP: Trickers plain toe and wingtip derbys with dainite sole and Alden plain toe with rubber sole. Somewhat inelegant shoes, especially the Alden model but good shoes for inclement weather and such. Trickers are $320 before the coupon and Aldens are $147.50 before the coupon. Good deals to be had.

8. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Well-Known Member

i agree with Romafan.

i recently got the sutor split toes last month and they were terrible.

549 plus 30% off was 384 +14 shipping , i returned them and so i am out 14 dollars.

even with the current 50% off ($437.5) plus let say an additional 30% off coupon if there was one, and free shipping let say...
    at final price $306 , they are still not worth it in my opinion. i mean these shoes were cheap.

these are NOT the ones at Neiman marcus or Garys in newport, those are nice. these look the same, but in person are totally different qualitatively and look/feel.

9. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

Why are you guys paying $14 in shipping? I just send it back parcel post (or whatever the cheapest method is).

10. sho'nuff

not the return shipping. the shipping they charge to send the item to you in the first place

11. Gaius Pompeius Trimalchio

Gaius Pompeius Trimalchio Well-Known Member

Just appeared today at STP: Trickers plain toe and wingtip derbys with dainite sole and Alden plain toe with rubber sole. Somewhat inelegant shoes, especially the Alden model but good shoes for inclement weather and such. Trickers are $320 before the coupon and Aldens are $147.50 before the coupon. Good deals to be had.

Good deal on the Trickers, IMO. Especially with the 30% discount--around $225. I'll be returning the Aldens when I get them in favor of these.

12. meister

meister Well-Known Member

The Trickers sizing is what? UK E fitting or F wider or USA sizing? eg UK10 = USA 11 etc? Similar to Alden wide fittings? Please advise...

13. Thurston

Thurston Well-Known Member

i agree with Romafan.

i recently got the sutor split toes last month and they were terrible. ... i mean these shoes were cheap....these are NOT the ones at Neiman marcus or Garys in newport, those are nice. these look the same, but in person are totally different qualitatively and look/feel.

Which split toes did you get? The ones that they show in a dark oak with the small seam or the med. brown with the deep split?

14. arenn

arenn Well-Known Member

I'm curious to know more details of what is different/wrong with the Sutors they are selling on STP. I ordered a pair, haven't received it yet though, and have no experience with this brand from STP, but in general have had good luck.

15. robin

robin Well-Known Member

I think I'm going to order pair of the Trickers later today. Just FYI, I talked with someone from STP and they said the sizes shown are already converted for the US, and are not their UK sizes.

16. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Well-Known Member

I think I'm going to order pair of the Trickers later today. Just FYI, I talked with someone from STP and they said the sizes shown are already converted for the US, and are not their UK sizes.

do you know how they converted them? did they add 1 (i.e., UK 10 becomes a US 11), or did they add 1/2 (UK 10 becomes a US 10.5)?

17. robin

robin Well-Known Member

do you know how they converted them? did they add 1 (i.e., UK 10 becomes a US 11), or did they add 1/2 (UK 10 becomes a US 10.5)?
    I did not think to ask that, but I'd assume it's your usual U.S. size + 1. I think they've done that in the past for the other UK sized shoes.

18. sho'nuff

i ordered the split toe with the deep split toe seam.

here is a few photos when i received them couple weeks ago:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

there was nothing decadent, substantial , or particularly special about these shoes as you can tell from the photos, of course , they are made well i am sure.
    i returned them immediately

19. SartorialKing

SartorialKing Active Member

i ordered the split toe with the deep split toe seam.

here is a few photos when i received them couple weeks ago:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

there was nothing decadent, substantial , or particularly special about these shoes as you can tell from the photos, of course , they are made well i am sure.
    i returned them immediately

So why did you return them?

20. stickonatree

stickonatree Well-Known Member

So why did you return them?

because other than construction, it was too plain and not worth the price.