1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

STORM SURGE: The Official Hurricane Sandy Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Douglas, Oct 29, 2012.

1. zarathustra

zarathustra Well-Known Member

From some of the comments of the many entitled on-demand me-first people I have encountered, I think that is about 5-7days. If anything goes wrong and the electric is not back up in NYC by 11PM Sat as Con Ed has advised... we could be testing your hypothesis.

2. ter1413

ter1413 Well-Known Member

3. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

I just know that my local cafe uses stumptown coffee and is having a hard time getting beans in because they *were* being roasted in red hook

4. Manton

Manton Well-Known Member

can a mod please merge these threads?

5. Gunky

Gunky Well-Known Member

been posting this on as many sites as possible that I'm a part of

Hey guys I just wanted to pass this along regarding a relief effort for my hometown. I work for the NIA, which is a not-for-profit organization and we do a lot of good in the community with both children and adults. We are working on donations locally which include food, clothing, toiletries, pet supplies, medical supplies and monetary donations. My fiancé's area was hit pretty hard as well as some of my family members so personally it means a lot to me and I want to pass this along to as many people as possible. At the site you'll see a link to make a donation through PayPal.

http://www.niabklyn.org/