1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Storing pocket squares

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Maximus Mark, Apr 18, 2006.

1. sartorialism

sartorialism Well-Known Member

LOOKS AMAZING! But what is it?

Try this. A bit Germanic for my tastes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hymo

hymo Well-Known Member

It's a CD storage case.

3. mack11211

mack11211 Well-Known Member

These are just hankerchiefs... I have bigger problems to solve in life.

Wrong forum, buddy.

For my part, I simply affix each pocket square to my valet with a tiny bit of tape.

This keeps all squares visible at all times.

Plus, when he walks, they flutter.

4. Butter

Butter Well-Known Member

I love the level of OCD you guys have.

I don't feel alone anymore.

5. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Well-Known Member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    So, what's the conclsion? How do I store my pocket squares? I won't stack them for unless you take the top hankie, you mess up the pile and wrinkle all the other hankies. Hanging them on hangers is onconvenient and sloppy. Throwing them into a bucket is just a bit too sprezzatura for me (I like a crisp linen hanky). And I don't have a survace large enough unto which I can just lay them out.
    Then by process of elimination you sound like a good candidate for the revolving clip rack.

I fold my squares (loosely) and stack them in two translucent plastic shoe boxes purchased from the Container Store. I own waaaaaay too many of them, but I can't seem to part with any. A third shoe box seems inevitable one day.

6. arc

arc Well-Known Member

The CD case there is a good idea. I suppose a file folder would also work well for that.

Personally I'm thinking of affixing clips to the lip of a dresser drawer. Currently they are just stacked haphazardly atop said dresser.

7. sartorialism

Then by process of elimination you sound like a good candidate for the revolving clip rack.

I fold my squares (loosely) and stack them in two translucent plastic shoe boxes purchased from the Container Store. I own waaaaaay too many of them, but I can't seem to part with any. A third shoe box seems inevitable one day.

Yes, way, way too many. But they're all so nice [​IMG]

8. sartorialism

Also, where do I get such a rack? I'd get anything to store these hankies.

9. Mr.K

Mr.K Well-Known Member

I just fold and stack them on a shelf in my closet. I want to eventually add another drawer in the closet and then put them in that.

10. someotherstyle

someotherstyle Well-Known Member

i dump em in a pile. seems to work just fine.

11. sonlegoman

sonlegoman Well-Known Member

laid out flat in a shoebox. I only have about 20 so it's not a huge deal yet.