1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Stiff Wool!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rayraya, Jun 24, 2014.

1. rayraya

rayraya New Member

Hello all, I am new to Styleforum. I purchased few wool items on ebay. Made by Oxxford and Zegna. The wool is Super 100, but tailored few years ago. The wool feels stiffer than usual. Is this due to vacuum storage with no air circulation? Thanks.

2. dreamspace

dreamspace Well-Known Member

Could be that it's been dry-cleaned and pressed to death.

3. rayraya

rayraya New Member

Hi dreamspace, thanks for your suggestion. I was told wool needs to breath. Looking at my Zegna suit fabric; it appears that it may need cleaning. It was delivered in an old vinyl garment bag, which looks like it has been in a tight squeeze with no air circulation. The wool has an unusual stiff feel instead of the usual soft supple feel.