• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.

brimley

Reaction score
Great proportions on his colorblocking, not usually a big fan. Tonal undercollar on the peacoat is great. Love the blue-black knit and all the weaves look great. Awesome linings on the coats. Like the apparent texture on the pants, wonder if that is brushed cotton or if there's a poly element.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
YES! GOD, YES! Always love SS FW and this one is a grand slam all around. Thanks, OP for creating the thread and mad props to kwoyeu for the high res images, brilliant.

If you see what looks to be my entire wardrobe for sale in the B&S in the near future, you know why. I want all the knits, shirts, and jackets. God help my wallet...

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm going to be so broke lol

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i still cant figure out if im size 3 or 4 in ss shirting. everyones telling me different things
ffffuuuu.gif

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ya, I have yet to decode SS sizing. If I'm a traditional small/ really slim medium and am looking for a close fit, am I a IV or V?

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by reedobandito
Ya, I have yet to decode SS sizing. If I'm a traditional small/ really slim medium and am looking for a close fit, am I a IV or V?

III/IV

I'm a 46/48 and this works. SS does fit smaller though so its safer to go with a IV.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SS armholes are so high, even slimmer than Band, but that's why I love it
inlove.gif

nemuine

Reaction score
I already can't wait for the fall and winter to start. This collection is really making me hate the summer.

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is beautiful. If I could, I would just dress in SS and Patrik Ervell.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by steveoffice
i still cant figure out if im size 3 or 4 in ss shirting. everyones telling me different things
ffffuuuu.gif

Originally Posted by reedobandito
Whodini is essentially right on. In my experience: Shirting - I own about 4-5 now. I'm a consistent size IV, which is equivalent to a size small. For reference, I'm a small in most brands, medium in BoO b/c that ***** mad skinny fit. Although SS is cut slim with high armholes, it's TTS in my opinion as shoulders aren't restricting and I don't have any excessive if any button pulling. Fabrics and buttons are all top notch, super lux feel without that high end designer price tag. It's certainly not cheap, but in comparison, it's really good, especially fall/winter offerings. Blazers - I don't own any (yet), but I've tried on a few and I generally have to size up one from my shirt size to a V. Jackets - I don't own any, but I've also tried a few on and I have found that I need to size up like the blazers for the more formal outerwear, such as their long coats, peacoats, etc., but I can also stay with my shirting size for some of the more casual hooded coat offerings. I am after one of these new FW11 ones if I can find it from a easily accessible stockist though, I can tell you that! Pants - I am generally a IV (US 30 essentially) in the slim straight offerings and found I have had to go up to a V (US 32) for the slim fitting pants. Sweaters/Cardigans - TTS again in my experience and I stay the same size as my shirts (IV).

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mellowfellow
This is beautiful. If I could, I would just dress in SS and Patrik Ervell.

Sup, mellow? SS and PE were made for your style. A few pieces here and there is a good start. You might have to give up some of those knits you have stashed in your closet perhaps to start getting your toes wet
smile.gif

nemuine

Reaction score
So a 3 is equivalent to a XS? Thanks tonio for the sizing tip.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nemuine
So a 3 is equivalent to a XS? Thanks tonio for the sizing tip.

Yup. But just so you know (and kelvin can confirm), that's a hard size to find outside of Japan. Southwillard in Cali is one of the few US stockists that carry that size.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Size 3 is available at the Antwerp store...

1260455707052.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads