1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jwkicks, Jun 22, 2011.

1. LPatterson

LPatterson Well-Known Member

@jet @BBSLM

The only 2 places in NA/Europe carrying the sand knit collar jacket are Maas and Stacks, who should get their shipment in about a week, and the Boutique. I just ordered it through Tatjana so if y'all want the piece, those are your options.

2 people like this.
  2. Mehmet Korkmaz

Mehmet Korkmaz Well-Known Member

Second delivery on Suspension Point looks to be up. Algae coat in black, and the burhead trousers in black and grey.

3. SmileForum

SmileForum Well-Known Member

@gdl203
    Yall give garment bags along with coats? shit [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Don't do it. The shoulders make the fit.

5. el Bert

el Bert Well-Known Member

This really doesn't make any sense. Unless your like 300lb football player why would you think a 6 would be too small? I think the only person that a 7 could fit well on the forum would be TTO.

6. LA Guy

I am a smaller 50eu, and some size 5 Schneider is small on me. So, not at all crazy.

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

@superego lets see a fit pic of your in the merino!

1 person likes this.
  8. el Bert

el Bert Well-Known Member

Yeah it is I had both a 4 and 5 of Merino and I'm closer to a 42 than I am a 40. The tan merino in a 4 that I have fits me perfect for me, the sizing for fabrics might be different on the 5 that I had, it was slightly roomier in the shoulders and longer in arms, it still fit comfortably I wasn't swimming in it. But Sipang had two size 6 merinos available for like 2 weeks? With measurements so there are sources to getting your sizing. A size 6 merino is closer to a 44 than it is a 42. Something like 19.5" shoulders? At least 23" pit to pit. There's a big jump from 3 to 4 and 5 to 6 on the Merino's. Schneider sizing isn't consistent from season to season and outerwear to outerwear. I don't see how he could judge that a 7 would fit him unless he wanted it looser which isn't a bad thing compared to how a 6 would fit him.

9. superego

superego Well-Known Member

yeah, think I'm gonna stew on it for a while...tried it on again later last night and the shoulders/chest do fit well, just the torso that's pretty full. was hoping for a more streamlined fit like @Donut

what doesn't make sense? I've taken a 7 in pretty much all the SS knit/outerwear pieces I've tried and even it has been small on occasion ('rock' coat in 7 was too small through the shoulders). stands to reason the merino coat in 6 would be too small

try to take a pic later

10. LA Guy

I dunno man. I have the grey in a 5, and it fits well with just a tee underneath. With a heavy knit, it will fit slim through the shoulders and chest. There is some room through the body. I am a 50 EU, 5'11" and just under 180 lbs. My shoulders and chest have bulk, but I'm not yoked.

11. jet

jet Well-Known Member

you sure

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  12. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

youre referencing sipangs merinos from earlier this year? even sipang mentioned that size 6 merino would be good for a "50-52". i think 54/44 in a 6 would be a stretch and is where i struggle with SS. If you are a 54/44 and work out your shoulders 3-4 times a week you can forget about size 6 SS; no flowing, draping lines we expect from a SS piece

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  13. LA Guy

Pretty sure, since I just got it yesterday. My fit is not super streamlined, more room and drape like @gdl203.

14. Patrick R

Patrick R Well-Known Member

Gemini cardigan:

[​IMG]

Too short?

15. Benesyed

Benesyed Well-Known Member

Shorter than intended

2 people like this.
  16. Patrick R

That was my impression, but is it too short?

17. Aske

Aske Well-Known Member

Clover is here!!

[​IMG]

I'm in love. Was a bit worried that it wouldn't fit as it's a III and I'm usually a small in outerwear, but the fit is perfect for me. I'm anxiously waiting for the cold weather to get here so I can wear this thing every other day. The sleeves feel so substantial, everything about it is perfect

3 people like this.
  18. Francks

Francks Well-Known Member

Try to take a full length pic and to put the camera no lower than the waist. Proportions will be more accurate.

From what I can see, with this particular pic, it is indeed a bit too short. But I like longer tops so I'm not totally objective here.

19. Patrick R

Crappy, indoor, iPhone selfie:

[​IMG]

20. jet

jet Well-Known Member

sadly it is too short i'm afraid, well at least for my taste

4 people like this.