1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jwkicks, Jun 22, 2011.

1. sonano

sonano Member

1 person likes this.
  2. reedobandito

reedobandito Well-Known Member

God this season has some great stuff, favorite SS collection since Frozen Waves. Fabrics look so nice, love the contrast sleeve blousons

3. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Well-Known Member

Are they available anywhere but mindtrive?

Everybody says "gilet" and "blouson" etc for no reason now because designers have conditioned them with classy French words. I'm thinking mostly of the online environment, so it will still be a fresh lark when I finally hear an Amurrican say "jillit" to refer to his vest.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  4. Noctone

Noctone Well-Known Member

Fuck me, why can't we get any North American stockists to make a buy like that? [​IMG]

5. leeba

leeba Well-Known Member

New stuff on mindtrive looks great! knit sleeve in grey or night damn...although I do wish he'd bring back the ijevan too other cardis lookin nice too I guess

6. Regg

Regg Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  7. tonio028

tonio028 Well-Known Member

18/BEE. That is definitely the style. The wine colorway from mindtrive is awesome. I recall the SP version being a dark grey/purple melange but its been a while. If it turns out close to mindtrive's version I will be extremely happy.

8. Regg

Regg Well-Known Member

I thought I remember more purple. But maybe not

9. constant struggle

constant struggle Well-Known Member

10. tonio028

tonio028 Well-Known Member

I just went back to check the pics and the 18 BEE looks to be that wine melange version from mindtrive. Now I really can't wait for Schneider to fulfill that shipment.

The Tallow trousers are looking good too. They appear to be the same style as this past spring's stone trousers which I own and have enjoyed.

It is so odd that a full lookbook for SS14 has dropped yet only a few images from the upcoming FW13 season have appeared and I get the feeling that is all we are going to get. Hopefully not as it looks like there are some cool pieces in the collection.

I still don't think its a match for Frozen Waves though. Wish there was less gimmicky pieces like candles and such too on the garments. Would much rather he have just used colors and imagery from candles as opposed to putting on an actual candle image for instance.

11. Noctone

I kinda wonder if something didn't go pear-shaped with the photo shoot and they just said fuck it.

And while I agree with you re: some of the gimmickry (some of it I think actually looks kinda interesting), tonio, I think every collection is going to be a disappointment if people keep using Frozen Waves as a reference point. Don't get me wrong, it was an amazing collection and it haunts me that I missed out on most of it, but if you go back through Schneider's collections over the years it's fairly obvious that Frozen Waves was somewhat of an aberration in its modest color palettes and relative lack of design embellishments. If he ever does another similarly understated collection I'll be ecstatic, but I don't have any illusions of it being something that I should expect.

e: And while Schneider's propensity to keep exploring new ideas does lead to some hit or miss results, it also keeps it interesting for me. The Paraffin jacket is one of my favorite pieces he's ever done, and I don't think it would exist if he stuck to a much narrower scope. Like, I really like Ervell, but I also feel like after a few seasons with him you're essentially reduced to asking yourself if a slight tweak to this jacket or that shirt is worth adding to what you already have. How many different pocket sweaters does a bro need, ya know?

1 person likes this.
  12. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

In the end, I sold a bunch of pieces from Frozen Waves because they did not get as much wear as I thought they might. It doesn't invalidate the collection in any way, but people shouldn't be so quick to dismiss the other seasons.

13. constant struggle

constant struggle Well-Known Member

14. Noctone

yeah that means A/W is going up soonish

15. click here

click here Well-Known Member

16. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Where? :drool:

17. click here

click here Well-Known Member

Found on a Japanese blog =/

1 person likes this.
  18. Noctone

Isn't that the same cardigan everyone's been slagging off for the last couple weeks?

1 person likes this.
  19. hoodyear

hoodyear Well-Known Member

Blue / grey

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  20. Pangolin

Pangolin Well-Known Member

Yes. Hood is still ruining it.
    Meanwhile, a yellow sweater.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013