1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jwkicks, Jun 22, 2011.

1. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

If you're not 100% sure on an item, or a big dude, I can see waiting. If it's something you're going to buy sooner or later or you're a size III or even IV you should probably just do it :D

Note: Not everything Schneider sells out at retail. Not every item works for everyone. There is of course inherent risk in trying to size something blindly.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  2. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Here's the thing, even if it's only 10% (20% is huge before the stuff even comes out) if you hold out then see the retail price you will be kicking yourself. Then you'll have to spend the next few months looking at it every day hoping (praying) it makes it to sale or you can find it somewhere else. To me, the presale discount is a good incentive of treating yourself and not feeling too guilty bc you're still getting a good deal.

3. LPatterson

LPatterson Well-Known Member

Sorry to flood this thread with PM requests, but if someone could PM me details I'd really appreciate it too.

4. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

Or you could just e-mail Suspension Point and wait a maximum of overnight?

5. Caveat

Caveat Well-Known Member

The two items I bought last year for preorder ended up being fantastic, fit me perfectly and were better than I expected. But they both made it to lower discounts by sale season in my size. Also, I'm pretty sure the ijevan made it to 30% discounts in most sizes on some of the sites. It's an interesting gamble.

Of course this stuff looks 10 times better in my opinion than last year's preorder and that ended up being a pretty good collection. This looks like it will rival Frozen Waves.

Jet has a good point. For me it's a no-brainer just for the peace of mind of not having to sweat it out until December. There are items I'll wait on, like the outerwear. But the knits are easily worth these prices and I'd kick myself if I missed them.

6. jet

jet Well-Known Member

It's like the opposite of a sale, you see the prices now and they will only go up when they are released. If you see something you like you should probably cop plus 50% down isn't too bad.

Got my eye on something.

7. Regg

Regg Well-Known Member

But also remember, even at retail you may be able to find some stores where you can order and get VAT deducted. Though like someone already mentioned, a lot of stores won't have size 3. Basically it's the same as any purchase. If you REALLY want it, buy it now

8. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Well-Known Member

Gonna cop 23 for sure. Having serious thoughts about either 6 or 7, although 7 is pretty redundant with my pilot jacket..

9. nowiremember

nowiremember Well-Known Member

i pre-ordered an ijevan last year through suspension point and while it didn't work out, was to big, i didn't have much problem flipping it on b&s and platypus was also more than willing to help me get it to another user who was looking for the same size through suspension point.

all in all i don't think its a huge risk unless a mass number on this forum mess up sizing on the pre-order.

10. reedobandito

reedobandito Well-Known Member

Scarf looks amazing, though the picture also makes it seem like one of those shorter, heftier knits...Might be hard to wrap it in any way

Everyone has done a pretty good job convincing me of the value of the pre-order...Will have to mull things over for a day or two

11. BBSLM

BBSLM Well-Known Member

#18 is the new side-zips.

12. APK

APK Well-Known Member

And how.

Can anyone who owns the Ijevan in a 4 or 5 provide chest and sleeve measurements? By the looks of it, the Ijevan seems to be a decent enough reference point in sizing No. 18, but I'm not sure if I'd need a 4 or 5.

13. BBSLM

BBSLM Well-Known Member

what number are the loafers?

14. jet

jet Well-Known Member

I suspect sizing down one or two sizes on that #18, just a hunch. No way I'd cop a 6 but might do a 5.

15. NaTionS

NaTionS Well-Known Member

Really like #3, and I got a feeling very few other stores will carry it, but I think it's too "formal" for me to get much wear out of it. But that shade of green... :inlove:

Someone convince me otherwise!

1 person likes this.
  16. istasi

istasi Well-Known Member

fuck thought i was done with outerwear for a while but this is too good

17. steveoffice

steveoffice Well-Known Member

i wish 3 and 4 came in black :marchal:

18. istasi

istasi Well-Known Member

I want 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 :embar:

more realistically, what are people thinking for sizing 13?

19. el Bert

el Bert Well-Known Member

I don't think it's too formal honestly I think you just don't have any pictures buttoned up. I think the " plain " jacket looked kinda formal but when you see the look book it actually looked nice and could be easily styles as casual. # 3 the color honestly is amazing and it's one of those pieces that those that didn't get it could regret overlooking it.

I really like #1 only wish instead of the blue it had another neutral but still nice.

20. istasi

istasi Well-Known Member

Am I crazy for wanting to buy this Schneider women's coat in sz 3? Feel like the cut is pretty unisex and it's such a nice coat..

[​IMG]

then again I should probably be stepping up my s/s game right now, it's weak compared to my f/w stuff

or this one might be even cooler

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.