1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jwkicks, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Well-Known Member

You obviously didn't understand the irony in my post, which is outsourcing.

2. KingJulien

KingJulien Well-Known Member

do you know what irony means?

3 people like this.
  3. APK

APK Well-Known Member

You just don't see the irony of outsourcing.

5 people like this.
  4. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Well-Known Member

5. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

6. sipang

sipang Well-Known Member

This is what happens when you outsource irony

8 people like this.
  7. tonio028

tonio028 Well-Known Member

Excellent.

8. slstr

slstr Well-Known Member

to anyone who has both the soumak and a wool cardi by schneider, are the cardigans as soft as the soumak? because damn I just got it and it is incredible, if the cardigans are the same I need to get on that. My cotton schneider is previous level [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  9. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Well-Known Member

should just ask joseph at suspension point.
    ive got the cardi but not that scarf.

10. tonio028

tonio028 Well-Known Member

It depends on the cardigan, it's usually pretty easy to tell whether or not they are on the softer side or coarser side from the blends and pics though. I have a few, some soft, some not as soft. I mean we're talking wool here, and he doesn't use shetland wool that I'm aware of so SS wool is generally going to be more along the lines of merino. You need to remember SS is more refined/dressed up than say SNS for instance so it's going to lend itself to the softer side if you catch my drift.

PS: I got to handle the quilted reversible jacket from SW and it's a really nice piece. Only issue is I tried it in a size 3, and not my usual size 4. It fits in sleeve length and body, but a bit too restricting in the sleeves and pit/shoulder areas. I'm pretty sure the 4 would be better fit in those areas just worried the sleeves and body might get too long as they are just about right. The piece is really nice. Color and wool materials are top notch, I even like the revere side.

I also received the dark blue/burgundy Ijevan in a 3. Comparing the Dark Grey in 4 that I purchased a while ago and comparing the two, I have to say the 3 is my preferred fit. Both suit me, the 4 a bit more on the looser and longer side (oversized but not to the point where it's a bad fit) while the 3 fits just right in the shoulder and shorter length is money as well. No pulling at all and certainly not fitted. The dark grey may be hitting the B&S soon. I think the burgundy is a really nice mix of maroon and navy though, underrated colorway in my opinion. If you're on the fence on this one in the smaller sizes, you should jump on Suspension Points stock before they're gone.

11. smashwindow

smashwindow Well-Known Member

My ijevan is def not as soft as the soumak scarf, its also a much much thicker (stands like 6" tall when folded) and looser knit. That being said its my favorite sweater.

12. Platypus

Platypus Well-Known Member

I know the quoted post is from quite a while ago, but...

[​IMG]

Stole Persian
    Poncho Tapestry (Tapis)
    Cardigan Turk

The above posters have it right in regards to the Soumak / Ijevan fabric comparison. Since many of the Schneider custom fabrics are used only on a few specific styles each season one must be specific when comparing them.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    15 people like this.
  13. conceptionist

conceptionist Well-Known Member

Finally pulled the trigger and swooped the last grey Ijevan off SuspensionPoint.
    Been lusting over this cardi since the lookbook arrived.

Excited to see if it lives up to the hype!

14. istasi

istasi Well-Known Member

15. reedobandito

reedobandito Well-Known Member

Inspired by G Trans

16. Feji

Feji Well-Known Member

I know others have chimed in, but I have both a Soumak scarf and just got the Spitak crew in the mail. They're pretty much the same kind of fabric/weave, so the Kaghak cardigan should also be the same fabric as the Soumak and Spitak.

The other correlations for scarf/sweater/cardi in same fabrics would be :
    miro / tashir / ??
    soumak / spitak / kaghak
    ?? / sisian / ijevan

Some stockists are using the wrong names for the types also (OC comes to mind off the top of my head; they have a sisian sweater labeled as a spitak iirc)

17. g transistor

g transistor Well-Known Member

Got my turk cardigan in, the cotton is very soft and nice. More substantial than the sinbad scarf; the scarf fabric is very light and heavy but the turk fabric has at least some weight to it. Color is awesome and I'm very pleased with the pattern, and I can only imagine the red version vibrant and great. Went TTS and don't think I would have liked sizing down, since TTS fits very much like the pic platy posted (roomy in the body and a bit boxy and long arms).

Overall a very good purchase and I feel like it was kind of overlooked due to the more substantial ijevan. Very happy I managed to pick it up for around $200 since I had been eyeing it since the beginning, though I still wouldn't justify it at the ~$300 retail price.

18. jet

jet Well-Known Member

where's my props for starting the Turk revolution nugga

1 person likes this.
  19. Donut

Donut Well-Known Member

Damnit to whoever bought the red turk cadigan in size 4 from suspension point on sunday/monday :brick: